A&H

Changing room...have a laugh

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Arrived at my U18 match Sunday, asked home manager for changing room he said that caretaker forgot to open door, i can clear my lads out of their changing room and you can use that although he apologised i was far from impressed..........................

The Referee Store
Surely the fact that he moved his whole team out of their changing room for you, leaving you with a changing room meant for 15 people all to yourself, more than makes up for the small error in forgetting to open the door?!

I'm lucky to get a changing room in any of my matches from U11-U18....I reckon 1 in 20 matches I have the opportunity to use a changing room and most are like Ice Station Zebra

Didnt move them out, i had to wait another 15 minutes for them to finish changing, before i could go in.

So the caretaker whose not apart of the club forgot to open the door and he's let you use their one. Sounds more than reasonable to me, he didn't even have to do that.

I can't remember the last time I didn't have somewhere of my own to get changed ... either I've been very lucky - or - I have a very poor memory :)

I can't remember the last time I didn't have somewhere of my own to get changed ... either I've been very lucky - or - I have a very poor memory :)

I agree with you Alex. We are very lucky in Essex - referees changing room at every ground I have been to this season

Youth football I've never had a changing room with the obvious exceptions of academy games.

We're pretty lucky for open age round here, always a changing room and only once have I turned up and it's been locked. Sadly that was one of the few occasions I hadn't put the shorts on under the tracksuit so the locals certainly got an eyeful.

My changing room last Sunday was a small disabled toilet with no chairs so had to sit on the bog to write out my match card :eek:

Had a shower in though, which was pointed out upon my arrival.

Because the first thing any referee worth his salt does as part of his pre match is have a shower :rolleyes:

i think we're spoilt down here in sunny Somerset then!!
we always have a changing room to ourselves, if not the club are reported.
i had one before Christmas, there were 6 dressing rooms available home and away had one each, leaving 4 left, they stuck me in a storage cupboard where i had to change on top of numerous old kits and a few sets of nets.
The club were fined £60 and had a league official turn up to there next 3 home games, and this was lower division district football.
They do their very best to look after the limited amount of referee's we have, but if i go to Bristol, then that's completely different in the lower leagues, i only go there if my game is off and all other local games are covered.

Back