A&H

Chronic Shin Bone Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the purchase of these insoles I've also invented my own test on this @Brian Hamilton .

Put your foot on the ground, slowly move your knee forwards (as if taking a step in slow-motion) and watch the inside of the ankle to see if it move inwards.

Now do the same again, but this time prop something underneath the arch of the foot. Socks, padding, even the big toe of your other foot.

Compare the two.

If it's the same as me you may be surprised....
O M G! It moves about 0.5cm inwards but the left doesn't move! It's probably due to me compensating for the wreckage of my right knee (shredded cartilage, meniscus and lateral collateral ligament). Might have to invest in some of these devices!!!

The Referee Store
I've suffered from this inner shin pain for years. Actually resulted in me quitting playing and moving into refereeing.

The term is actually Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome. For me, I am sure it comes from a weakness is my flexor digitorium/hallucis longus muscle, because I can get overuse pain in the arch of my foot also and through the pointing down of my toe. Worse on my left than right leg.

I've tried orthotic insoles through physio, stretching & strengthening exercises, but can't seem to shift them. So I tend to train more on the bike to limit the impact and only run when I need to, i.e. games, association training, fitness tests.

Last edited:
I've suffered from this inner shin pain for years. Actually resulted in me quitting playing and moving into refereeing.

The term is actually Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome. For me, I am sure it comes from a weakness is my flexor digitorium/hallucis longus muscle, because I can get overuse pain in the arch of my foot also and through the pointing down of my toe. Worse on my left than right leg.

I've tried orthotic insoles through physio, stretching & strengthening exercises, but can't seem to shift them. So I tend to train more on the bike to limit the impact and only run when I need to, i.e. games, association training, fitness tests.
Please don't resurrect threads from dead. Not wanted, needed, or necessary. Consider this your public warning along the stepped approach - next one is a card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back