A&H

City v Spurs

Ryanj91

For their penalty, was it actually a penalty?

Gundogan with a poor touch and then plants his foot on Hojbjerg's ankle (which surely is a foul?)
Then in that motion, Hojbjerg clips Gundogan's other foot.

Doesn't the first foul cancel out the trip?

The Referee Store
I thought it was soft and didnt think it was

But my mates who support united all think it's a stonewaller

I thought it was soft at the time and even after watching a few replays I can't quite work out how the contact has come about - trapping the ball and cutting back is something Gundogan does every game and it looks like he's got it wrong, failed to trap the ball and the defender has clumsily bundled into him.

Oddly enough @es1, I was also the only one in the group chat (all non-City fans) who didn't think it was stonewall.

Perhaps it's like the (future hypothetical for me) scenario where you ref your son or daughter's team and are subconsciously biased against them whilst trying to be neutral!

Things need to be even more of a foul for you to give it

Perhaps it's like the (future hypothetical for me) scenario where you ref your son or daughter's team and are subconsciously biased against them whilst trying to be neutral!

Things need to be even more of a foul for you to give it
Thing is gundogan made the first contact (pretty nasty as well) on H's ankle... That's what I don't get... Imo that is a foul if anything in the whole scenario.

The more you make me watch it, the more I think it's a clear pen
Ok fair enough, everyone has their own opinion.

I honestly thought VAR would have overturned it as Gundogan clearly makes the first contact - studs down Hojbjerg's ankle.
The little clip after - yeah penalty, but Gundogan's action was first.

I'm an arsenal fan, so sticking up for a spurs player is something I prefer not to do 😂 but feel H was very hard done by there.

There's only a question of a foul cos gundogan miscontrols it, hberg tackles where the ball should have been

Surprised there is any debate here, it looks a clear penalty for me. Hojbjerg was clumsy and careless and just can't stop once Gundogan changes direction.

Back