A&H

CRO - BRA

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Quick sweepstake time. Won’t specify a seat as we’ll never find them but block and tier for the sniper trying to take out Neymar anyone?

I’ll take tier 3, block D.

You can be serious from now on. Or not!

The Referee Store
First moment of possible refereeing interest, kneed back to the keeper is then picked up and no offence given. I think given the level it was bouncing we can consider that not a trick and therefore OK?

First moment of possible refereeing interest, kneed back to the keeper is then picked up and no offence given. I think given the level it was bouncing we can consider that not a trick and therefore OK?
Law states that it is IDFK if ball is deliberately kicked to the keeper by a teammate.. I'd argue it isn't a kick so falls into the same category as heading it back.

Didn't the lotg say that a player could pass back, and the keeper pick it up, if the pass back was knee or above - which is what happened in this case. Can't see it in lotg now. Your comment re trickery only relates to managed situations like throw ins, doesn't it?

Didn't the lotg say that a player could pass back, and the keeper pick it up, if the pass back was knee or above - which is what happened in this case. Can't see it in lotg now. Your comment re trickery only relates to managed situations like throw ins, doesn't it?
Or a deliberate trick, like flicking it up to header...?

IDK I'm 5 glasses of wine in - don't count any of this as gospel. I'd look at the LOAF but can barely see this keyboard lol

Or a deliberate trick, like flicking it up to header...?

IDK I'm 5 glasses of wine in - don't count any of this as gospel. I'd look at the LOAF but can barely see this keyboard lol
Oh I've got to catch up...only on my 2nd beer...

Game already off tomorrow 😀

Brazil high boot, yellow card, minimal if any contact with the Croatian player, who goes down clutching his face. Massive over-reation by the Croatians on and off the pitch!

Anyone "having a word" with the subs getting in the ARs face over the Brazil offside/VAR penalty review incident?

Don't recall the incident, but the LotG define a kick as playing the ball with the foot/ankle, so even shinning it back to the keeper wouldn't qualify as a "backpass" - unless you deem the player to have initiated a deliberate trick to circumvent the law.

Back