A&H

Curious handball in Saudi League

The Referee Store
Possibly, but I think it likely that "I didn't see it clearly. It looked like he knocked his arm to me." 😉

I wouldn’t be giving that.

There was a very similar case in Scotland earlier this season. It wasn’t given and after it the Scottish FA issued a coaching point saying that was correct and in that case they don’t expect a penalty to be given.

You could get away with saying it wasn't deliberate handling, as it clearly wasn't, and his arm was in the expected position for that specific situation.

The goalkeeper seemed to think it was a handball and I think it was his reaction which makes the referee award the penalty kick. A smart goalkeeper would have acted like nothing happened.

It clearly wasn't deliberate handball so did the ref award unnaturally bigger handball? If so, I don't believe this quite meets the definition of 'unnaturally bigger'. My understanding is that unnaturally bigger handball was introduced for scenarios where shots or passes are being blocked by a player's hand/arm where that player has unnaturally made himself into a bigger obstacle.

Back