A&H

Decisions on reaction from player?

Butercup

Still new to reffing (4 games so far) .During an under 11's game today. Attacker goes down in screaming pain and took a while to recover, I did not see what happened but he had been stamped on .I did not give anything as I did not see the stamp.Do you ever give decisions from the reaction of a player?

The Referee Store
No you can't. It would mean you reacting to everything players, coaches etc are telling you. Nobody can obviously see everything that happens on a pitch, although Officials are expected to be super human and have several pairs of eyes once we step onto the field of play.
We can only react to what we see, players often claim they've been stamp on or been booted and if you are following the ball or next phase of play you are going to miss some things.
You may get teams who claim you are 'missing' loads of off the ball things but I find they are the ones who aren't physically as strong as the opposition and think every bit of contact is a foul. All you can do is keep an eye on things and if you can may be have a second glance back at players or hold an incident in your vision for a second longer but not at the risk of loosing track of the ball

Back