A&H

Disallowing goals

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
Green vs yellows.
First half and green 3-0 up, then on corner, yellow#8 heads in back of net, unfortunately I saw yellow both hand against green trying to jump. Whistle, signal with arm crossing.
Second half green 4-0 up, again corner, big yellow#4 jumps for the header, he lands on 2 green defenders. Whistle, yellow scores. Disallowed.
Game ended 5-2 green. Yellow captain tells me that he will write report to league!
Was I right in disallowing both goals?

The Referee Store
If you saw offences, then of course you were right to disallow the goals.

Players can complain to the league, that is their right. Don't worry, leagues just file these nonsense reports.....

I do love the "I'll be reporting you to the league/CFA/FIFA/government (delete as appropriate)"

If you are happy you have done your job, lose no sleep over it.

First one would seem clear - from what you saw and describe it doesn't see like there can be any argument.

Second one is less clear for me. To land on the opposing defenders doesn't strike me as necessarily being a foul. Perhaps would depend upon speed and intensity of the challenge and respective positions of the players. Would have to have been there to see it - I wasn't and you were so you gave it as you saw it at the time. I can't see you have anything to worry about with regard to the yellow team reporting you.

Fouls or not at a corner - blimey even in the PL its nigh on impossible to see everything that goes on at these, or not as the case may be.

Report? Next!

thanks guys, as i thought... my local league is crying out for referees... every saturday, there is a minimum of 4-5 games without refs.
and the league is taking the no nonsense approach... if any teams create trouble for refs, they go in the naughty list, so when ref sec does appointments, the naughty list is at back of queue!

Back