A&H

Dissent U11

ceciltoby

Recently I gave two yellows in an U11 match both for dissent. This put me up to 5 cards this season at that age. Are the rules the same for dissent at this age as adult football as I feel I might be giving too many cards?

The Referee Store
The rules are the same but you also are there to educate too. At that age I’d be involving coaches to have a word and if that doesn’t work then they are fair game. Football shouldn’t be just about revenue generation, set some good strong ground rules and they’ll learn respect too. And if they don’t they can’t say that they weren’t warned!

The rules are the same but you also are there to educate too. At that age I’d be involving coaches to have a word and if that doesn’t work then they are fair game. Football shouldn’t be just about revenue generation, set some good strong ground rules and they’ll learn respect too. And if they don’t they can’t say that they weren’t warned!

My hat is off for you sir! Wise wise words, I couldn't agree more.

Simple stuff Nab, they can never write a different set of laws for each level, that would be a nightmare, use common sense, it’s there if you need it. Educate first, discipline second.

Back