A&H

Dorking Chesterfield

The Referee Store
The kind of tackle where, despite all efforts aimed towards consistency, I can well imagine a room full of referees (or a forum full!) arguing vociferously for everything for no foul right through to red card. For me it's a foul and a yellow card .. he clearly shows complete disregard for the safety of the opponent. However I could understand Red (Excessive Force), or just a foul (No real harm done). Not giving AT LEAST a foul would (IMO) send out the wrong message to all involved.

The comments are 90% saying "good tackle" from (well hard) players who I guarantee would be FURIOUS if they were on the receiving end on a Sunday morning. Wannabe hard men on the internet really are such a bore.
Bit of a poor show by an experienced ref to let that go IMO. The only question is what colour is the card.

Would be a yellow card simply just to cool the temperature of the game. If you let that one go, you know "Fuller" is going to be on the receiving end of an equally reckless challenge.

Off topic; has anyone watch the Bunch of Amateurs documentary on YouTube? Absolutely fascinating insight into both National League and Sunday league football, however, they seem to have picked two of the biggest 🤬 in football management to follow = Marc White and Peter Barkley (similar to the SE Dons thread - this is what gets them the views and engagement).

White in particular, who seems to portray himself as a bigger "geezer" than Eddie Hearn, has been seen/heard on video basically saying that he enjoys antagonising referees, "all for the pantomime" a direct quote and tagging himself as the "official referee advisory service".

Surprised most referee's don't just have him booked in the first 5 minutes to set up the inevitable dismissal as early as possible.

Last edited:
This has been a real area of concern for my own refereeing and whether I've been judging it right or not - that type of ball first and player second from the front/side. Thus far I've been stopping play, awarding a free kick and on some occasions a yellow, but never a red yet.

Back