A&H

England v Croatia

The Referee Store
Thinking aloud. Have 2 teams ever played 2 dead rubbers in the same WC tournament?
Kane was poor. That was key. He's the one player in the team who may go on to be 'world class', whatever that is. Croatia have 3 or 4 quality players, England 4 or 5, but we showed a lack of belief again
Both teams flattered by a once in a life-time knockout draw
And the ref didn't shine, but I reserve judgement on all the officials as they've all been gagged and tied up

We need

Kane was poor. That was key. He's the one player in the team who may go on to be 'world class', whatever that is. Croatia have 3 or 4 quality players, England 4 or 5
Both teams flattered by a once in a life-time knockout draw
Kane was clearly out of gas at about the 70th min. He also got hacked to pieces taking him out of game until he tired.

Disappointing game. Although I'm a Yank, I was pulling for England. Probably not unbiased opinion but Croatia was allowed to rough up England neutralizing their attack. Cakir had a high foul tolerance. I dont believe the better team won today. Great run though

Last edited:
Thinking aloud. Have 2 teams ever played 2 dead rubbers in the same WC tournament?

Gotcha mate I forgot about the pointless 3rd & 4th game.

Knowing England they’ll win 3-0.

But your right two dead rubbers by the same two teams.

We coudnt pick the Croatian lock & we left the only locksmith we have at home Wilshire.

Kane was clearly out of gas at about the 70th min. He also got hacked to pieces taking him out of game until he tired.

Disappointing game. Although I'm a Yank, I was pulling for England. Probably not unbiased opinion but Croatia was allowed to rough up England neutralizing their attack. Cakir had a high foul tolerance. I dont believe the better team won today. Great run by the Brits though

Let me assure you the Brits had no run at all in the WC thanks
Away from refereeing matters, thats ignorant and uneducated

Nearly as bad as me thinking Mexico was in South America but far more offensive

Let me assure you the Brits had no run at all in the WC thanks
Away from refereeing matters, thats ignorant and uneducated

Nearly as bad as me thinking Mexico was in South America but far more offensive

Your part of Britain like Andy Murray gets the Brit treatment at Wimbledon from the English fans.

I would say we should maybe enter the World Cup as Britain & have a better chance but I guess it would still be eleven English in the starting xi

Fair play to Sterling, he had a decent game and ran his socks off against decent old skool defending!!

Your part of Britain like Andy Murray gets the Brit treatment at Wimbledon from the English fans.

Welcome to that. This is a football/referee forum. If an American is watching that tonight thinking thats Great Britain out there v Crotia then maybe he thinks its the Olympics and not the World Cup.

It’s coming home - it’s coming home -it’s coming - footballs coming home!

Back