A&H

Eve v Che

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Hear the whistle (67th minute, after Jackson shot) from ref in which I have no idea why as camera is facing Pickford, who then picks the ball up and moves the goal kick to other side of area, slowly.
Why does Pickford usually only get a yellow for delaying restart in the 90th minute, approx...

The Referee Store
No one in the UK will have seen this as they can't have (legally) watched it, and very much doubt it will appear on the highlights package.

Good job the pub I was in had it on ;)
Hope you're overseas. If a pub gets caught showing pirated football in the UK the fine would shut them down overnight. The fines for not having a commercial subscription and showing games that are televised in the UK using a domestic subscription are in the tens of thousands, if it was an illegal stream they'd throw the book at them. They'd potentially even be looking at a jail term as that would be classed as broadcasting pirate material as opposed to just showing it.

Hope you're overseas. If a pub gets caught showing pirated football in the UK the fine would shut them down overnight. The fines for not having a commercial subscription and showing games that are televised in the UK using a domestic subscription are in the tens of thousands, if it was an illegal stream they'd throw the book at them. They'd potentially even be looking at a jail term as that would be classed as broadcasting pirate material as opposed to just showing it.
I learnt that from Rob McElhenney!

Pubs showing these games is still very common
I'd have three pubs to choose from within walking distance. The fines are miserable, but doesn't seem to deter them

There's seems to be more and more pubs as well as homes using dodgy sticks for broadcasting games etc

Whilst it's most certainly illegal, the TV companies are pricing people out of being able to watch games. Especially the clubs who are maybe not a 'big 6' club as their teams don't tend to be on TV as often. Yet they're forced to pay £90 a month in case their team is on.

Greed, greed & more greed

There's seems to be more and more pubs as well as homes using dodgy sticks for broadcasting games etc

Whilst it's most certainly illegal, the TV companies are pricing people out of being able to watch games. Especially the clubs who are maybe not a 'big 6' club as their teams don't tend to be on TV as often. Yet they're forced to pay £90 a month in case their team is on.

Greed, greed & more greed
Bit of an exaggeration, if you shop around and switch every 18 months when out of contract you can get it for much less than that. I have Sky Sports and TNT Sports and I'm paying £61 a month, and that includes all TV channels, Sky Movies and 500MB fibre. Granted that will almost triple in 16 months when the contract ends, but I'll just switch to another provider. That also came with a £150 bill credit, so is actually £48.50 a month. Switching is key to get the new offers. Also have Prime, but I had that before they started showing football so not counting it as a sports TV cost, especially as I'll keep it even when they lose EPL football in 2025.

Almost like football fans in this country are shafted to the priority of literally everywhere else in the world.

So many other sports, especially American, do it so much better. But apparently we're better than them for some reason...

Slightly off topic 😀

Bit of an exaggeration, if you shop around and switch every 18 months when out of contract you can get it for much less than that. I have Sky Sports and TNT Sports and I'm paying £61 a month, and that includes all TV channels, Sky Movies and 500MB fibre. Granted that will almost triple in 16 months when the contract ends, but I'll just switch to another provider. That also came with a £150 bill credit, so is actually £48.50 a month. Switching is key to get the new offers. Also have Prime, but I had that before they started showing football so not counting it as a sports TV cost, especially as I'll keep it even when they lose EPL football in 2025.
But you're basing that on the package being available in that person's area (Virgin Media don't have much coverage these ways) and them looking at the time of a good deal. I've just done a search on my postcode and we can get Virgin Media. To get 500mb fibre, TV package including Sky Sports & TNT Sports, they want over £100 a month as a new customer.

Then you can factor in Amazon Prime subscriptions. Although I'd say most people probably already have that.

That is pricing people out of it. Ticket prices for going to games prices people out of it. Yet the powers that be will probably spend loads of money to research why they're doing it and catching them.

But you're basing that on the package being available in that person's area (Virgin Media don't have much coverage these ways) and them looking at the time of a good deal. I've just done a search on my postcode and we can get Virgin Media. To get 500mb fibre, TV package including Sky Sports & TNT Sports, they want over £100 a month as a new customer.

Then you can factor in Amazon Prime subscriptions. Although I'd say most people probably already have that.

That is pricing people out of it. Ticket prices for going to games prices people out of it. Yet the powers that be will probably spend loads of money to research why they're doing it and catching them.
Yeah, I accept it is variable. But it is the richest league in the world, and the money to pay players £500k per week is coming from the TV deals. That's why I get annoyed when Klopp moans about every Saturday 12:30 kick off, OK Jurgen, we get you don't like it, but are you going to pay back the £1.2 million your club has been paid for that game alone? No, OK get on with it then.

To have the richest league in the world it has to be paid for, that is coming from the TV broadcasters and therefore the punters. They aren't buying the rights just for the exposure, they want their money back.

As an aside, it isn't just football, all entertainment has become ridiculously expensive in recent years. I'm off to see Jane's Addiction next year and that is £74 for standing tickets at the Roundhouse. 5 years ago that would have been at the absolute most £40.

Yeah, I accept it is variable. But it is the richest league in the world, and the money to pay players £500k per week is coming from the TV deals. That's why I get annoyed when Klopp moans about every Saturday 12:30 kick off, OK Jurgen, we get you don't like it, but are you going to pay back the £1.2 million your club has been paid for that game alone? No, OK get on with it then.

To have the richest league in the world it has to be paid for, that is coming from the TV broadcasters and therefore the punters. They aren't buying the rights just for the exposure, they want their money back.

As an aside, it isn't just football, all entertainment has become ridiculously expensive in recent years. I'm off to see Jane's Addiction next year and that is £74 for standing tickets at the Roundhouse. 5 years ago that would have been at the absolute most £40.
But that's what I'm saying; all of those reasons you stated are why people are turning to dodgy boxes. Football is no longer a working class sport.

The broadcasters have all of the power. I understand they will as they pay subordinate amounts of money for the privilege, but that money fails to trickle down to the fan or grassroots

Ps.... I've no idea who or what Janes Addiction is! :D

Last saw them (JA) in 2003 at Leeds Fest. £200 for 3 days of music and mayhem. Costs that much for one night in the "good" standing part of some gigs these days.

I can safely say from the perspective of a student that no one in my age bracket that I know watches football games in a legal way.

Most watch on streaming sites, I’m not the biggest fan of those but people stream games on Twitter nowadays, I’ll admit I watched this game through Twitter, thought it would be better than City v Luton.
(Not going to say what Twitter page I use I’m not sure what forum rules are and not risking it)

I know a fair few people with dodgy boxes and sticks as well, I personally thought we’d see a movement towards a change in Premier League football coverage, was expecting someone like Amazon to make a big bid for it permanently. Was convinced the ability to stream football games would be the future but it seems not.

Despite what feels like the whole world moving to illegal streaming, it very much still seems to be profitable for these companies and still the prices will continue. Look at Skys massive bid for the next EPL TV rights.

Even boxing, where prices are getting very high, is still profitable. Look at the YouTuber boxing ****. KSI Vs Tommy Fury had 1.3 million PPV buys. I know a lot of people who watched that (for some insane reason, not my cup of tea) and not a single one purchased it legally, yet 1.3 million people did.

TV companies are still getting profit for showing these sports, so I don’t actually expect to see any change for a while

I can safely say from the perspective of a student that no one in my age bracket that I know watches football games in a legal way.

Most watch on streaming sites, I’m not the biggest fan of those but people stream games on Twitter nowadays, I’ll admit I watched this game through Twitter, thought it would be better than City v Luton.
(Not going to say what Twitter page I use I’m not sure what forum rules are and not risking it)

I know a fair few people with dodgy boxes and sticks as well, I personally thought we’d see a movement towards a change in Premier League football coverage, was expecting someone like Amazon to make a big bid for it permanently. Was convinced the ability to stream football games would be the future but it seems not.

Despite what feels like the whole world moving to illegal streaming, it very much still seems to be profitable for these companies and still the prices will continue. Look at Skys massive bid for the next EPL TV rights.

Even boxing, where prices are getting very high, is still profitable. Look at the YouTuber boxing ****. KSI Vs Tommy Fury had 1.3 million PPV buys. I know a lot of people who watched that (for some insane reason, not my cup of tea) and not a single one purchased it legally, yet 1.3 million people did.

TV companies are still getting profit for showing these sports, so I don’t actually expect to see any change for a while
Thing is, as you mentioned about the 1.3m viewers (legally), these 1.3m could well be made up of those who stream them for a price.
I am far from saying I am a "reseller" as they're called or a "broadcaster" or whatever, and I will confess I bought a "package" many years ago (haven't since), but let's put it this way.
If I had a network that had 1,000 people paying me £10 or whatever it is a month these days, I've made £10,000 a month (how these people hide it I'll never know). I would quite happily spend £500 on "several" PPV subs to ensure I could stream to my "customers". If one fails, another link would always be available.
So that one provider has bought about 10 subs. How many providers are out there?
Then you have the actual legit purchases too.

I manage a bookmaker, so I can see plenty of games for nothing anyway (legally). And my local pub has some of the minor games on the TV. Never advertises, just on in the back. Sometimes it's nice to go back there and watch some football on a cold, windy, day off.
I also have family in America and in other countries in Europe who I know have subs to various streaming places. I know it's technically wrong, I've not purchased anything, so if I'm not at the pub, I know there login details and have permission from them, using a VPN, to use it. But that is extremely rare to be honest.

Back