A&H

Junior/Youth Eventful Cup Final

Jack M

Level 6 Referee
U16s KO Cup Final betw2een Whites and Blues. Whites are known for iffy behaviour anyway. Game starts off really well, end to end and Blues go 1 nil up.
About 17 minutes in, Whites appeal for a corner but I give a GK as I wasn't sure who got the last touch. Cue Whites striker saying "you must be blind ref!". Thank you, here is your yellow card!
Whites equalize shortly after before Blues go back in front with a fantastic shot.
Whites go on the offensive for the last 10 of the half and their Central Midfielder beats 2 players then goes to the floor. He is screaming for a penalty but I give an IDFK for simulation as I believe he initiated the contact(similar to Vardy v Wet Spam).

HT Blues 2-1 Whites

Second half starts and Whites equalize after about 10 minutes. A few minutes later another Whites player picks up a caution for dissent
Game goes quiet for a bit but then it all starts getting heated. This started with the Whites manager kicks the ball whilst it os on play near the touchline to stop a Blues counter attack. I didn't see this but my NAR did and on his advice, I removed the manager from the technical area. A 4th Whites player gets booked for a reckless tackle soon after. Whites score the winner with a beautiful FK into the top corner.

FT Blues 2-3 Whites

Now, it gets a bit interesting. The manager who I sent off then jumps the barrier to celebrate and to collect his winners medal. I approach him with a League officer and we tell him he is not allowed to collect his medal but will recieve one later. He grumbles off and says he will remember that.
When I return to my NARs, a blues player decides to volley a tirade of dissent my way. As I am cautioning, he continues his volley and I show him a yellow card for the first lot of dissent and then another followed by a red card for the second lot of dissent. Cue cheers from White spectators.
As I collect my trophy, I get boos from a portion of spectators who are pronptly told to shut up.
After the game and we are back in the dressing room, a refereeing mate of mine who was watching stands outside as he heard the Whites manager who I sent off make threatening comments about what he will do. Me and my team got told by the Ref Sec and our referee coach (who is a Level 4) that we absolutely smashed it and that I had a "****ing blinder". Suffice to say I was well chuffed!

The Referee Store
U16s KO Cup Final betw2een Whites and Blues. Whites are known for iffy behaviour anyway. Game starts off really well, end to end and Blues go 1 nil up.
About 17 minutes in, Whites appeal for a corner but I give a GK as I wasn't sure who got the last touch. Cue Whites striker saying "you must be blind ref!". Thank you, here is your yellow card!
Whites equalize shortly after before Blues go back in front with a fantastic shot.
Whites go on the offensive for the last 10 of the half and their Central Midfielder beats 2 players then goes to the floor. He is screaming for a penalty but I give an IDFK for simulation as I believe he initiated the contact(similar to Vardy v Wet Spam).

HT Blues 2-1 Whites

Second half starts and Whites equalize after about 10 minutes. A few minutes later another Whites player picks up a caution for dissent
Game goes quiet for a bit but then it all starts getting heated. This started with the Whites manager kicks the ball whilst it os on play near the touchline to stop a Blues counter attack. I didn't see this but my NAR did and on his advice, I removed the manager from the technical area. A 4th Whites player gets booked for a reckless tackle soon after. Whites score the winner with a beautiful FK into the top corner.

FT Blues 2-3 Whites

Now, it gets a bit interesting. The manager who I sent off then jumps the barrier to celebrate and to collect his winners medal. I approach him with a League officer and we tell him he is not allowed to collect his medal but will recieve one later. He grumbles off and says he will remember that.
When I return to my NARs, a blues player decides to volley a tirade of dissent my way. As I am cautioning, he continues his volley and I show him a yellow card for the first lot of dissent and then another followed by a red card for the second lot of dissent. Cue cheers from White spectators.
As I collect my trophy, I get boos from a portion of spectators who are pronptly told to shut up.
After the game and we are back in the dressing room, a refereeing mate of mine who was watching stands outside as he heard the Whites manager who I sent off make threatening comments about what he will do. Me and my team got told by the Ref Sec and our referee coach (who is a Level 4) that we absolutely smashed it and that I had a "****ing blinder". Suffice to say I was well chuffed!
ive got U16 whites v blues this weekend... common colours, probably not the same lot, but will report monday if so !

Do pass on these comments to your CFA, along with your misconduct report. I am sure that would like the managers comments to threatening behaviour as well.:rolleyes:

Well done Jack. Sounds like a feisty match which you appeared to have nailed. :)

Do pass on these comments to your CFA, along with your misconduct report. I am sure that would like the managers comments to threatening behaviour as well.:rolleyes:
I sincerely hope you're not encouraging a referee to report something he didn't personally witness...are you??

People get silly around finals....
Interested in your reasoning for the penalty. The interesting thing about the Vardy incident is that a direct free kick against Vardy for tripping an opponent would also have been applicable - and had he not kicked his legs up, that may have been the best decision. Attackers often move around the ball into the path of an opponent and usually it isn't simulation. What made you think this was simulation as opposed to a foul by the attacker?
Right call on the GK/CK. If you're not sure, it's a GK. Sometimes you can take your cue off the players - defence immediately start moving into a corner position, then go with that - but that's usually more workable at a TI. At a CK/GK, it normally takes too long to go off the players and you need to make a decision.
Good call on removing the manager too. No warning for that sort of thing, off you go!
Given it's youth football, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the team has played like this all season and keep getting away with it from referees taking the 'they're just kids' approach. Maybe not.

Only advice I would give here is when the manager jumps the barrier to collect his medal, don't get involved. Leave it to the league officials, as that isn't really your jurisdiction. I know you are still on the pitch, but that is only because you are there to collect your medal and in any other game you'd have been long since back in the changing room.

Only advice I would give here is when the manager jumps the barrier to collect his medal, don't get involved. Leave it to the league officials, as that isn't really your jurisdiction. I know you are still on the pitch, but that is only because you are there to collect your medal and in any other game you'd have been long since back in the changing room.
Actually, yeah, this. Has nothing to do with the referee. The fact that you've sent him off doesn't mean that he can't collect his medal - what made you get involved there Jack?

The League that I referee on has a rule that if a player or manager is sent off in a cup final, they are not allowed to collect their medal during the presentation. They do receive one later on in the changing room.

That's a matter for the league officials though - it doesn't have anything to do with you as the referee. Your jurisdiction has well and truly ceased by that point (except that you can still report incidents). Don't go looking for trouble by taking on additional tasks.

*goes outside to see if it is raining actual cats and dogs or any other biblical indicator of the apocalypse starting is going on*

:D

Back