A&H

Ever sent your assistant off??

The Referee Store
Having read the article, the answer in this case is "no". The CAR's were parents/volunteers, therefore can't be sent off or YC'd. I would have no qualms asking a coach for another CAR is one was either a) clearly cheating b) abusive or c) trying to coach.

If the CAR was a substitute however, they would be subject to LOTG e(eg OFFINABUS).

If it's a sub holding the flag, definitely - and has been for years.

If it's a named manager or other team official then yes, although it gets a bit woolly given how many of the team official offences start with "leaving the TA to...." and a CAR would obviously have no good reason to be in a TA. But I think still broadly supportable.

As in this case, given they were parents, I think you could make a case that you could treat them as team officials, but the technically correct answer is probably that you shouldn't.

I have a NAR that enters the field and shouts at players. In two different matches I’ve taken him aside and warned him. In one I regretted not binning him off earlier (what is now known as VAR-syndrome).

I have a NAR that enters the field and shouts at players. In two different matches I’ve taken him aside and warned him. In one I regretted not binning him off earlier (what is now known as VAR-syndrome).
Binning a neutral assistant. That is wild hahaa

If it's a sub holding the flag, definitely - and has been for years.

If it's a named manager or other team official then yes, although it gets a bit woolly given how many of the team official offences start with "leaving the TA to...." and a CAR would obviously have no good reason to be in a TA. But I think still broadly supportable.

As in this case, given they were parents, I think you could make a case that you could treat them as team officials, but the technically correct answer is probably that you shouldn't.

Yeah I would not treat them as team officials unless they were noted as such on the team sheet. In this case, I would ask for the flag back and discharge them from their duty.

Back