A&H

Everton vs West Ham

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
How did Marillas stay on the pitch?

Sure the original foul deserves a caution, almost immediately followed by the push on Tomkins.

Credit where it's due though, Clattenburg played a cracking advantage for evertons 2nd!

The Referee Store
The Clatt ....was already going for his pocket before the push on Tomkins ....so Miralles should have been off !!! but I suppose in quite a Nasty game in premier league terms ..... the ref was very sensible in his decision making ...

And to add to last post ....if he did send Miralles off .....he could have technically Booked Tomkins for his initial push then a second yellow for simulation ......so again sensible refereeing

I was more concerned how the AR failed to spot Lukaku about three yards offside than anything else.

The advantage played by Clattenburg was one of those moments that puts a massive grin on your face and it all worthwhile.

Guys ....it was a good advantage ....but I wold have been disappointed in myself not seeing that one develop !!!

Surely that's a bread and butter job for these top level refs

Offside was a very poor decision .......

Guys ....it was a good advantage ....but I wold have been disappointed in myself not seeing that one develop !!!

Surely that's a bread and butter job for these top level refs

Offside was a very poor decision .......

Thank you!

I was thinking he same. It was, without doubt, a well played advantage. But I think even I at lowly level 7 Sunday league I'd have spotted this one. At the very top level I'm more impressed if the advantage spotted wasn't something a bit more subtle.

I think for Clatt and his AR it was a fairly bad day at the office. But we've all had one of those days.

Please can you help me with the off-side - which of these actually happened :

option 1
The WH defender made a DELIBERATE SAVE (quoting from LOTG) - ball rebounds to player in off-side position and he gains an advantage - AR got it wrong

option 2
The WH defender DELIBERATELY played AT THE BALL ... this make the deflection irrelevant and the AR got it right

Not trying to split hairs - just want to be 100% that it should have been given as off-side - thanks!

For me it's option 1. The defenders actions are clearly an attempt to block the goal bound shot and therefore should be considered a deliberate save.

For me it's option 1. The defenders actions are clearly an attempt to block the goal bound shot and therefore should be considered a deliberate save.

Thanks ASM ...

If it had been an attempt to block a pass or intercept a ball over the top - then - not offside ..?

@Alex71 or option 3, it was a clanger. BUT I dislike West Ham with a real passion due to going to school with too many idiotic West Ham fans so all goals against them are good!

Back