A&H

FA Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

RefJack

Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of help, going to sound a bit stupid.

A newly qualified referee approached me the other day asking about the badges which go on a referee shirt. I told him for a level 9 referee you'll need the county badge and if you really wanted, the FA badge on the other pocket.

He then went onto ask about the type of FA badge we as referees can wear, I basically explained you'll always get the badge sewn into the shirt in white stitches, you'll all know the one I mean...

But what about the FA badges we see high level referees wearing? The coloured badge, which appears to be stuck on top of the shirt. I've attached a photo of the badge I'm on about in case your unsure. Also, where on earth would you even get them?

Just wanted your opinions on this, it's sparked a big debate between me and a few other officials.

Cheers, Jack :)

Attachments

• fa-badge.jpg
    fa-badge.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 43
The Referee Store
The white bade is know as the famoa badge which can be worn from when you have completed your 6 games so level 8 of 7 but the badge pictures is known as the three lions which is awarded after you have officiated In a fa cup completion final, so fa cup, fa trophy, fa vase.... E.T.C

@Ryan is right about when refs wear the three lions. I believe that the reason it looks stuck on is because it is just that - stuck on top of the Football League logo (think of the number of refs involved in the first round, half of whom will not be involved again so if they didn't do this then they'd waste so many shirts).

I never got given a county badge. All I got given was the FAMOA badge...

With your first purchase of a referee shirt, always get your parent county FA logo embroidered / sewn / etc.

I never got given a county badge. All I got given was the FAMOA badge...
That's odd - I was not given a FAMOA badge (I ordered a shirt with one from A&H) but we were given Essex FA badges at our module 5.
I'm sure if you speak to somebody at your county they'll sort one out for you.

Was opposite for me. I was sent a FAMOA badge, and bought a shirt with my CFA badge on

Unless your from northumberland then you cant getthe county badge without refereeing a county cup final !!

As is the case with most things like this, they do it differently in each county. I was given the FAMOA badge and also the county badge upon completion of my 6 games. Funnily enough, they actually sent me exactly the same folder again in the post so I have a spare pair of badges lying around :) Good for saving a bit of dosh when I need a new kit!

Just wondering, what badges do you wear? Both? One? Personally I just wear the county badge on my left pocket, not a fan of wearing two

As is the case with most things like this, they do it differently in each county. I was given the FAMOA badge and also the county badge upon completion of my 6 games. Funnily enough, they actually sent me exactly the same folder again in the post so I have a spare pair of badges lying around :) Good for saving a bit of dosh when I need a new kit!

Just wondering, what badges do you wear? Both? One? Personally I just wear the county badge on my left pocket, not a fan of wearing two
I wear 2 - FAMOA on the left, County on the right.

I had the same thing as Owen, I got my first badge then one about 2 months later?????
A friend of mine wears the fa and CFA badges but also has the respect badge on each arm, looks a bit odd but quite smart

Nope lol, that would have improved it a bit in way but the front of the shirt was blank! Didn't look too bad in fairness, but looked a bit like he'd got his badges at a scout group or something :D

I had the same thing as Owen, I got my first badge then one about 2 months later?????
A friend of mine wears the fa and CFA badges but also has the respect badge on each arm, looks a bit odd but quite smart

Yeah, it was quite weird when I received another packet in the post out of the blue - not that I'm complaining of course!

Damn, could have used the new multi-quote instead of double posting! Oops!

Adult or kid?

Pretty sure he was level 8.. maybe it was his scout uniform? :D

is there a level where you stop wearing your county badge? for example supply leagues that have their own badge? am i supposed to cover my county badge up with league badge?

I just bought myself a new ref shirt (all black) for the new season and i contacted my F.A. and bought county badge £5 and 3 lions badge £5 and they posted them and got them in 2 days. So now got get them sewn on .....

This is my dilemma do I order the new kit with badges embroided or buy kit with no badge and use Velcro to switch as and when? Imy preferred option is embroided but I don't want to find myself in a position when I'm having to cover my county badge up with a league badge? That's why I'm trying to find out if there is a level where your county badge is no longer used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back