A&H

First game tomorrow

L9212

Finally getting the first one out the way tomorrow. Local U18 relegation six pointer. What can possibly go wrong!

Nervous to say the least but looking forward to it. Hopefully the training over the past 3-4 weeks has paid off and I won't be blowing out my backside after 20 mins!

The Referee Store
Don't be nervous, at U18 they know Jack Shidtt about the Laws, be consistent, be honest, don't be afraid to upset a few, smile and bloody enjoy it, You don't have to be mad to referee but it helps!!

Well it was a decent morning overall. Got there 40 mins before KO and went through the motions. Blues v whites, ended up being a one sided game finishing 11-2.

Felt positioning and decision making was decent. Had a few moans and groans at a couple of throw in decisions but stuck with my decision anyway. Both managers came and said I did well so overall pretty happy with how it went.

sounds like it went well, well done! ...when I started I was genuinely surprised by the amount of moaning about throw in direction and GK/CK....especially from players miles away. It took me about 3/4 games to realise that a big shout ("Blue Throw", "Goal Kick" etc) and strong signal straight away makes all the difference...they don't really know what happened so if you act 1000% confident that stuff will be greatly reduced.

Back