A&H

Junior/Youth First game!

Tremayne

Refereeing my first game on sunday and its an U12 Cup match, any steps i should take that may differ from a league match? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Also its a 9-aside, are there any rules that a majorly different to 11-aside? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
Learn the rules in case the match ends in a draw. The rules for Penalty kicks can vary with it being 9-aside, it may not be 5 then sudden death.

Also you may not have to play extra time. You may go straight to penalty kicks.

Smile a lot. Look like you are enjoying yourself. Don't take any rubbish from the touchlines.

Learn the rules in case the match ends in a draw. The rules for Penalty kicks can vary with it being 9-aside, it may not be 5 then sudden death.
You might get me back one day with an assessment but aren't they laws and not rules?

Welcome Tremayne!

Laws to 9-a-side is essentially the same as 11-a-side, but with 3/4 pitches, 7' goals, centre circle, goals and penalty areas reduced in size to suit...

Might be worth looking up on the relevant local cup competition. Some cups allow for extra time, where as others go straight to penalties.

Back