A&H

First Sunday Game, Red Card for the GK

boblardo

Level 5 Referee
Hi Folks

Just after some advice regarding a sending off which I need to submit via WGS

40th Minute, whites striker shoots at goal, GK fumbles it hits his knee and bounces upwards. GK gets to feet as Whites striker runs towards ball. White striker wins ball and heads towards goal, moments later GK smashes into the whites striker.

I stop the game, award the penalty and send off the GK for SFP. (Thoughts of triple jeopardy popped into my head but didn't think it was relevant!)

I am in no doubt about the decision and feel I got this correct but just wanted some tips on wording to use when submitting via WGS

The Referee Store
Don't say he smashed him ;)

Simple really, you need to state what you saw, where the challenge made contact and speed of it just justify SFP, how close/far you were from the incident and whether you had a clear view

Something like ...

"After 40 minutes {PlayerName} committed a foul on an opponent that I deemed to have used excessive force and which endangered the opponent. I therefore sent him from the field of play for serious foul play".

You don't need war and peace, just needs to cover the very basics. If you were close and had an unimpeded view you might want to add this, although somewhat irrelevant now as there is no appeal for standard sendings off.

thanks for the replies

I wasn't going to say smashed him but was just having some some trouble articulating it!!!

I had a clear unobstructed view I was no more than 10 yards away from the incident which happened on the penalty spot.

thanks for the replies

I wasn't going to say smashed him but was just having some some trouble articulating it!!!

I had a clear unobstructed view I was no more than 10 yards away from the incident which happened on the penalty spot.
Say penalty mark not spot as that is what it is called in the Laws.

Back