A&H

Flag recommendations?

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
After this incident I've noticed the away team left with one of my flags 😭

I needed a new set anywhere, it was a battered cheap pair. Any recommendations for a ref who is exclusively doing grassroots football?

Ideally decent quality so they don't fall apart!

The Referee Store
After this incident I've noticed the away team left with one of my flags 😭

I needed a new set anywhere, it was a battered cheap pair. Any recommendations for a ref who is exclusively doing grassroots football?

Ideally decent quality so they don't fall apart!
If its just really cheap flags that Sunday League players are just going to chuck on the floor etc the I saw some in Sports Direct last week for under a tenner. My decent flags are for Saturday/Tuesday football

B&D ones seem popular. Stocked by various outlets including the ref stop...
Also think @Ross was selling a pair of touchlines at a reasonable price.

B&D ones seem popular. Stocked by various outlets including the ref stop...
Also think @Ross was selling a pair of touchlines at a reasonable price.

No price. but is/was selling

I could really do with some buzzer flags...
But I don't wanna buy the crap ones. What do you do? Must be an issue the world over

I could really do with some buzzer flags...
But I don't wanna buy the crap ones. What do you do? Must be an issue the world over
2nd hand market... With the.risks that presents, or spend the big bucks for ervo comms. 😬agree I don't think I would be looking at the cheaper alternatives.

2nd hand market... With the.risks that presents, or spend the big bucks for ervo comms. 😬agree I don't think I would be looking at the cheaper alternatives.
Unless I'm mistaken, the Ervo Comm flags are way inferior to Touchline
Too sensitive to the touch and flimsy as I recall. Just not as good robust quality

Unless I'm mistaken, the Ervo Comm flags are way inferior to Touchline
Too sensitive to the touch and flimsy as I recall. Just not as good robust quality
They are the two market leaders.
On the continent and UEFA they all appear to use ervo com. Touchline is/was predominantly UK.
Depends who you ask, I'm a touchline man, but lots of refs here prefer ervocom. There have been threads in the past comparing the two.
I dont think I personally have experienced those problems with ervocoms.
The buttons are often broken on older sets and they don't suit smaller ARs (flag and flag stick length) but overall I would have them still as a quality product.

There are also the newer RefsTech ones: https://refstech.com/product/refstech-electronic-referee-flags-traditional-british-style/ which are "only" £379 vs the ~£600 for Ervocoms and the £700+ if you can even find Touchlines any more.

These are the ones that I found to have a really sensitive button when a ref turned up with them, I've not found that to be the case with the Ervocoms I've used before as AR. Because they're so new to the market I don't think you'll find any feedback on durability, but they seemed perfectly good to me aside from the sensitive button.

Got a cheap set off Newitts for like £10 but I’ve got a B and D flags off the Ref Stop. Find them so much easier to pick out and see and much better quality for still only £30 ish

Back