A&H

Fulham Suspensions

The Referee Store
Being back before the end of the season means they might not send him for any surgery he might need, a la Roy Keane when finally banned for deliberately injuring Alf Inge Haaland after his book. That never sat right with me - United saying, we lose you anyway so go have your operation which made a mockery of the whole punishment.

But equally good to know FA seem to be thinking it’s not enough.

I'm sure that 40K fine will have a lot of impact on behavior . . .
In fairness that is probably about what he gets paid a week. If a court fined a member of the public a weeks' wages for something like an affray or disorderly behaviour charge it would probably be deemed over the top, especially for a first offence. Has to be an element of perspective.

and what would the punishment have been if that had happened in grassroots ?
Chances are case unproven and nothing at all. No video evidence, loads of team mates would come out in his defence, and in my experience he'd get opposition players to back him up as well.

If it was found proven it would be at the very lowest end of the scale. Might be 100 days, but that isn't a huge amount different to 8 games if you assume they only play once a week and won't actually be available every weekend.

In fairness that is probably about what he gets paid a week. If a court fined a member of the public a weeks' wages for something like an affray or disorderly behaviour charge it would probably be deemed over the top, especially for a first offence. Has to be an element of perspective.
I was referring to the 40K fine to the team.

i basically had the same thing happen to me in January. Player got off scot free as I didn’t get a name and abandoned for my own safety. Club fined £80

Would that matter though? The suspended player ends up going to another league and play under a false / someone else's name. Grassroots governance is non-existent in most countries especially at lower divisions of grassroots. But I digress.

Chances are case unproven and nothing at all. No video evidence, loads of team mates would come out in his defence, and in my experience he'd get opposition players to back him up as well.

If it was found proven it would be at the very lowest end of the scale. Might be 100 days, but that isn't a huge amount different to 8 games if you assume they only play once a week and won't actually be available every weekend.
It would be a mandatory minimum of 112 days, with a recommended entry point of 182 days.

The suspension has been broken down as 3 + 3 + 2.

Which part is for assaulting the referee?
6 games for the push, 2 for abusive language.

Manager got £40,000 fine, Mitrovic got £75,000

Back