A&H

Funny comeback remarks

I just hope that after one of these 'funny' remarks, when the players takes it the wrong and committ OFFINABUS you remember to include your remarks in the misconduct report?

The Referee Store
I just hope that after one of these 'funny' remarks, when the players takes it the wrong and committ OFFINABUS you remember to include your remarks in the misconduct report?
I wouldn't because he is not obliged to respond with OFFINABUS because of my actions or anyone else's on the field. The choice to do so remains his as does the responsibility for the consequences.

Firstly, I wouldn't include that in my misconduct report. Secondly, it's about picking your moments anyway - in my incident, for example, after talking to him a few times before I could pretty much tell he would not take offence so it would hardly have escalated any further.

I wouldn't because he is not obliged to respond with OFFINABUS because of my actions or anyone else's on the field. The choice to do so remains his as does the responsibility for the consequences.

Very disingenuous reporting then......

If you're big enough to try and belittle players at least have the the testicles to be honest about it when you end up reporting them.......

But aren't you obligated to give some context when you write a report ?
If a player said to an opponent "man that was a ****ty shot" and the opponent responded "f*ck off c*nt", I would report ALL the altercation, not only the "f*ck off c*nt", because as a ref you're not here to judge whether he has to face his responsibilities or not in a commission, you're here to tell exactly what happen

Firstly, I wouldn't include that in my misconduct report.

Mmh why ? For a good reason or because you don't wanna look bad ?

I'm not saying you would, but what if you misjudged the time and place, and as a response, the player tells you to "f*ck off" and yo show him the red, don't you think you HAVE to report the whole thing ? A lie by omission is still a lie

I'm not saying you would, but what if you misjudged the time and place, and as a response, the player tells you to "f*ck off" and yo show him the red, don't you think you HAVE to report the whole thing ? A lie by omission is still a lie

1. In that scenario I would not send him off
2. Completely depends (sorry for the cop out lol), but my inclination would be not to report it.

I get what you're saying, but the point is that if you're not reporting it, it's obviously because you don't want to look bad (it's a human reaction, no problem with that), not for any "he had no reason to insult me anyway so I don't have to say what provocative words I may have spoken" reason

Very disingenuous reporting then......

If you're big enough to try and belittle players at least have the the testicles to be honest about it when you end up reporting them.......
To be honest, if I'd generated his reaction, then I wouldn't be taking action to ensure I had to write that report. It's all in the timing.

I've had this, a player, non-stop in my ear and despite my best efforts, it was getting silly.

He was suppose to be playing in midfield, but who really knows, he probably thought he was in goal at one point... Anyway, he shot from outside the penalty area and put the ball 400 meters over the bar, and as I jogged past him, I said "if you wanted a new ball, you should have just asked me..."

Safe to say that didn't go down too well, learnt my lesson...

Back