A&H

Has anyone ever actually been 'Reported?'

Brian, would you mind saying what you were charged with or the allegation?

Obviously completely understand if not, your prerogative.

I would imagine the report can only be for giving almost every foul etc against the away team. But that's only because they were constantly fouling the home team.

Even the players on the blue team were telling me they'd never seen anything like it and asked jokingly if I was enjoying myself.

The only time I could have even had the opportunity of any favouritism was about 15 minutes into second half when red takes out blue from behind, blue gets up angrily and mass confrontation ensues.

After it calmed down both the original players were bought in one by one and given a caution for AAA, so both treated the same.
OFFINABUS by a manager who had been dismissed from the technical area and took more than 3 minutes to leave the field.

The Referee Store
Reports on referees performances (from disgruntled teams) go straight in the bin. I doubt they would even have time to write it.

You have to remember superstars play in the lower leagues, particularly leagues with club AR's. (sic)

I always reply with ---"you want better referees, go play in a higher league".

Never been threatened to be reported but one manager did threaten me to file a complaint against me if his player turns out to go to the hospital :hmmm: He was up 30s later..
The whole incident was so absurd that I simply said "Yeah, ok, that's cool, can we go back to the game now ?", heard some laughters from players and spectators as the situation was barely believable

A few years ago I did a a junior game, I has refereed one of the teams a few times and they were very poor, lost by a huge margin every time. Anyway after one game where I was being assessed and did well, the manager came on clapping and said

"At least your consistent ref"
"consistently **** every time we have you"
"I want you full name and I am reporting you"

I replied
"Thank you, that will be £30 for the match fee and my name is Brandon Pieters, you need to speak to Essex FA, your advice is appreciated"

Never heard anything afterwards. Never abuse them or give any back.

@HertsFinest you have to tell us the best one out of them ?!...

A lot because players don't believe dissent and OFFINABUS are offences but ones less similar:

Last weekend: Lino flags offside from free kick where ball goes out for corner. I saw player who was offside and understood why he flagged but he wasn't interfering with play what so ever. Jogged over and explained why I'd gone with the corner. Geezer has thrown his flag (my flag rather) on floor and used very strong OFFINABUS and stormed off. Gaffer came over after FT and said "Name Now! How you don't understand the offside rule is disgusting and the FA are gonna make sure you never ref in this league again" - I have the same team this weekend.

I remember when I started and I was a little ignorant about teams reporting refs and I emailed my secretary about a team that said they were reporting me explaining what happened. The response? "HAHA Don't worry mate if you could see My deleted folder you'd see its full of reports about our " crap" refs. Keep doing what you're doing. If they're reporting you you're doing something right"

Once I was 'reported' for giving out too many cards. I gave 4 during the whole game - 2 yellows for a bad challenge 1 yellow for dissent and a red for OFFINABUS. The team that threatened to report me had 2 of those cards, neither of the challenges - just the ones for being mouthy. Absolute plums!!

Back