A&H

Heard the shout

Little Derek

Level 7 Referee
What do you guys do, or advise to do when you hear shouts like I did today, such as "We're playing against 12 here" or other similar shouts, which are indirectly towards you as the referee?

A&H International
What do you guys do, or advise to do when you hear shouts like I did today, such as "We're playing against 12 here" or other similar shouts, which are indirectly towards you as the referee?

Have a word using the stepped approach, tell them anymore and they will be carded, they don't need to know you can't really card them if it's not direct :p

As Ryan says, and yes, you can card them whether it is directly aimed at someone or not - Unsporting Remarks and/or gestures - should be a USB code? We have different codes here but that would go in as "Y17 - Unsporting remarks or gestures" on the misconduct form.

I've called players over for this and asked them to explain themselves, as what I have just heard is that they are saying I am a cheat? Once they hear the c word they have back tracked at pace for fear of a OFFINABUS.

I've never had a game where a player I stupid enough to do it again.

Back