A&H

Heart Rate Monitors

The Referee Store
eBay here as well. I won my first Polar RS400 in a competition and the 3 replacements have all come from eBay.

If you have an iPhone, download Polar Beat and if you get a bluetooth enabled chest strap/dongle, you don't even need a wrist unit. The benefit of Polar Beat connecting to your iPhone is that it also has GPS tracking. Useful to prove (as I did) that you don't spend all your time in the centre circle.

I've got the Polar M400 and it's been great so far. One or two hiccups but that's technology for you. I picked mine up in New York but as everyone else is saying, eBay is a good bet.
As Brian suggested, Polar Beat is great for going out for runs and is more than likely to be cheaper than buying a dedicated watch but if you are getting a HRM for use in matches too, you may not want to take your phone on the pitch with you

If you have Amazon Prime, there is a deal on at the moment for a Garmin 210 which is a HRM and has built in GPS for half price at £89. Deal ends at around 20:10BST or they sell out.

Back