A&H

Here we go again..........

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
All matches on council owned pitches are off this weekend as they are deemed unfit to play on plus the expected bad weather coming too....So no Saturday match,But my Sunday match on a private ground so fingers crossed...

The Referee Store
3 local councils have closed all fields this weekend. Some County Cup games are 6 weeks behind and some District FA games are 2 months behind as are some League Cups. Also the all-weather facilities have been shut down by a number of areas as the surface has come away after being under water for a week and others require deep cleaning decontamination after rivers broke their banks. Not being silly but this could kill much of grassroots football this season.

My Saturday game is on a local swimming pool/mud bath so not expecting my cup match to happen. My Sunday game is on what is usually a fantastic welsh premier league surface... Fingers crossed I get at least one game in this weekend

ive still not heard yet either way, but the pitch i'm (supposed to be) playing on saturday is the same pitch i'm (supposed to be) reffing on on sunday, so at least i'll have a rough idea come 3-30 saturday afternoon what state its in !

My sunday fixture has been called off and have been suitably notified. My Saturday fixture hasn't been called off formally but I do know informally that all fixtures at the ground are off

I have sent a text and emailed the home team manager for confirmation but no response as yet, but its only a matter of time

saturday now called off... , means sundays a definite no then
frown.png

I fully expect to have a wasted journey on Sunday morning inspecting the lake, I mean pitch, and telling everyone that the match is off.
My youth league no longer allows clubs to call off matches unilaterally.

Had the call already to say my game is off!! Means i have to spend the day with the wife now :(

Saturday game already off, waiting to hear re Sunday. Makes me very glad that I've already completed my 20 middles and 5 assessments ... really feel for any promotion hopeful who's still got games to complete :eek:

Game for Sunday off but I've been re-appointed as another ref has come off his fixture, fingers crossed for that one!

And..... i have just received an email from manager for Sunday's game, been postponed pitch waterlogged so yet another weekend football free

Sunday morning still on, Sunday afternoon off. Both on 3G, both in the south of the city. One is part of a Football Foundation development, other is part of a school.

I had my three games each called off over the weekend too. Ended up running the line for a friends team.

Looking back through my records - 3 games since October, no middles.

:) bloody rain

Just checked the weather for next weekend.... cold/cloudy/bit of wind (not me) so lets pray for next weekend.....

Reactions: SM
well, game went ahead sunday, obviously a few thought it was a nailed on call-off and stayed out a little later than usual saturday night!
home team played like they were still in the pub, concede 2 pens and lose 3-1. home captain calls me arrogant after the game.
its nice to be appreciated

Back