A&H

Hold on tight

The Referee Store
Yea sure, Iā€™ll go and buy a new whistle every week just in case the referee forgets his spare and loses his main whistle. Seems reasonableā€¦ šŸ˜’

Its maybe how its typed. You carry a new whistle. Chances you will ever need to give it to referee are near none.

a ref and ar having to hunt for a dropped whistle, farce, and a picture book example of failing to prepare

In any case, in many years of refereeing I've never lost my whistle or it has stopped working, and I've never been on the line to a referee that it has happened to.
As an AR, I carry a spare whistle, just in case (had to go in to take over the match when the ref went down once).

A couple of years ago, I forgot to throw the whistle into my pocket, and what would happen, but the ball hit the ref's hand with his whistle and shattered his whistle. Whoops.

Had a red card get stuck fast in the wallet once :oops:

Ended up showing the whole wallet - ie about 1/4 of the red - no one seemed to notice - it was THAT sort of game - plenty of fire fighting required - a few years ago now, but it was U15s or 16s I think.

Back