A&H

Junior/Youth How not to handle a 6 second infringement

The Referee Store
Highest level youth football in Scotland?. Doesn't show the whole story of what has happened previously. Had there been previous time wasting that had resulted in warnings. Without this other information I have no issue with the caution/idfk. Keeper was taking his sweet time.

As for the allowing of a quick one from the idfk - :D

What a complete balls-up. I'd be thoroughly embarrassed if I got two things wrong in law in the space of six seconds!

@Alex Rush-Fear - just to make sure I'm on the same (right!) page as you wrt Law
  1. Breaching 6 seconds doesn't need to be a caution
  2. Referee needs to blow the whistle prior to re-start following a caution
Please shout if I'm missing something else !!

1. No it doesn't have to be a caution, but it can be if the referee decides to do so. The GK doesn't have any special privileges on this. So it's not wrong in law to issue the caution, plus we don't know if the caution was maybe for PI?

2. Yes that's correct.

I have to admit, I'm struggling to see the two errors in law here, so I also need to brush up.

I have to admit, I'm struggling to see the two errors in law here, so I also need to brush up.
The player who receives the ball from the IDFK is offside. You can't actually see all the way across the pitch so can't be sure but unless the right back is Usain Bolt in disguise, I doubt he got back in time...

Inside his own penalty area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any misconduct related to handling the ball. He can, however, be guilty of several handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.
IMO that means that it is wrong in law to caution here. The restart for the GK keeping control of the ball for more than six seconds is an indirect free kick, no more. And, as @Alex71 said, following a disciplinary sanction the restart has to be on the whistle.

IMO that means that it is wrong in law to caution here. The restart for the GK keeping control of the ball for more than six seconds is an indirect free kick, no more. And, as @Alex71 said, following a disciplinary sanction the restart has to be on the whistle.
If the ref has previously warned the keeper then it is a caution for me. A keeper can certainly be cautioned for time wasting.

the attacker is behind the ball, I do not see how he could be offside.

The player who receives the ball from the IDFK is offside. You can't actually see all the way across the pitch so can't be sure but unless the right back is Usain Bolt in disguise, I doubt he got back in time...
Looks to me like he's behind the ball when it's played!

You can't caution for delaying the restart here though guys, as the ball's already in play!

Agree with @Alex Rush-Fear
There's no offside offence - the player who receives the ball from the IDFK is 4 yards behind the ball when it is played to him

The caution would be for USB, which the referee is perfectly entitled to issue. No idea what's gone on previous but its certainly not an error in law.
I am unaware of a whistle being required after a caution in law. Page number please.

The caution would be for USB, which the referee is perfectly entitled to issue. No idea what's gone on previous but its certainly not an error in law.
Unless the caution was for dissent (which I doubt, considering how quickly the card was produced), I'd disagree that it's not incorrect in law, for the reason I quoted above - goalkeepers cannot be guilty of any misconduct related to handling the ball.

Back