A&H

How to deal with possible Mass Confrontation

The Referee Store
Extremely well handled - top job.

There is always room to improve
1) I would expect a caution for yellow 10 for C1-AA
2) When talking to the player, he has isolated him and told him to stop bending over. BUT - he has gone side on to play, and thus his view is on the goal, and not on the mass of players. Should have positioned himself with his back to his assistant, with the players back to the other assistant, so he can monitor the mass of players over the players shoulder.

Extremely well handled - top job.

There is always room to improve
1) I would expect a caution for yellow 10 for C1-AA
2) When talking to the player, he has isolated him and told him to stop bending over. BUT - he has gone side on to play, and thus his view is on the goal, and not on the mass of players. Should have positioned himself with his back to his assistant, with the players back to the other assistant, so he can monitor the mass of players over the players shoulder.
2) luckily his assistant was alert and stepped on to show they had all angles covered, IMO very well handled.

excellent proactive refereeing. not to be recommended on a sunday public park game lol, possibly stood a bit too close to the player bit of a sterile area might be recommended. all in all very good

Very well handled and proactive. However, for me, being rather small... I wouldn't jump in like that and put myself at risk, especially at Sunday League standard!

His actions in jumping in while they worked for him this time, might not be wise for any other referee or for him on another game. Observe and record.

Haven't watched the video in a while but am I right in thinking he 'pirouettes' between the two players??

If so then 2 things for me...

Firstly when he is talking to the isolated player he allows him to touch him, and looks over friendly in doing so... I personally have no issue allowing a bit of contact between yourself and players but he does seem very friendly which could cause issues in future...

And secondly, I would definitely have 10 for AA...

Oh and if uo look carefully the ref trips to end up jumping between players... My view is that he was probably going to step between them and push them away, but tripped and ended up looking like a ballerina, very comical and very effective in the end

Back