A&H

I want to buy the best referee communication equipment

Bernied

I am a football referee. I want to buy a pair of referee intercom with good sound quality and affordable price.

I'm looking at the EJEAS or the Vnetphone?

Anyone here have any experience with these things that is willing to point me in the right direction?

The Referee Store
I am a football referee. I want to buy a pair of referee intercom with good sound quality and affordable price.

I'm looking at the EJEAS or the Vnetphone?

Anyone here have any experience with these things that is willing to point me in the right direction?
First questions - which country are you in, and are you at a level where communications equipment is allowed?

How long have you been refereeing? In you first few years using comms can actually be detrimental to your development. Many communication and positioning techniques can only be learned by repetitive practice without having comms gear.

As an analogy, if you have auto take off, auto cruise and auto landing, then learning to fly is going take a very long time.

Where I am, the EJEAS sets are common.

But, to give a rule of thumb, don’t invest until you have done say 4 years and 200 matches - and don’t use with assistants with less than 3 years experience.

Refs and ARs need to know the basics. As a ref you need to experience different match situations and how to handle them - you need to do this first before sticking on headsets.

And you also need to learn some best practice as an AR working with better refs with headsets before using them yourself.

;)

I think in there US there is a bit of a regional issue. My understanding was that USSF has said grass roots refs should not be using--I gather the extent to which that is really applied varies quite a bit. It probably makes sense to be sure that they really are being used where you are so that you don't invest in them and get told not to use them.

Back