A&H

IFAB q&a

The Referee Store
Terribly worded. Makes it sound for all the world like a foul throw and then simply discusses what happens if it's actually a legitimate throw (which is, to be fair, moderately interesting). In the real world this is either a foul throw or a retake for me

The answer is probably technically correct but in my games if the thrower accidentally slips the ball I'll allow a retake.

The answer is probably technically correct but in my games if the thrower accidentally slips the ball I'll allow a retake.

Agreed, am retaking that, and should the other team moan ( on the off chance they know it should go to them), I will simply tell them if the same thing happens to them, am letting them retake also

IIRC, this happened in a WWC game and the call was as described.

For me, it depends on the slip. I think the technical question is whether the ball was actually thrown--which it sounds like from the ball landing out on the field. The farther the ball goes, the more likely the I am to agree with the Q&A in a live match--kinda have to actually see it for me. (And the younger the players the more likely I am to decide the ball was not "thrown" so nothing has happened yet.)

Back