A&H

Jamie Vardy

Brian Hamilton

RefChat Addict
Observer/Tutor
...may have scored in the last 10 Premier League games played by his team, but he was offside for last night's goal.

The helpful graphic used by MotD clearly showed half of his upper body in an offside position when the ball was played to him. Then AS pronounced that he wasn't offside. Thanks for that.

The Referee Store
That's what I said I said to the Mrs who also agreed with me, then asked "what's offside" doh :) lol

Reactions: SM
Think he got the benefit of any doubt on that call , its one of those that looked more offside than it actually was !

He deserves the bit of luck anyway ...hard working forward who has come from nothing and fully appreciates the life he has .....A dying breed
I fear Mr Maclaren may be gone by next Saturday !!

it was a tight call. The record books will remember the goal and not the missed offside :)

There is no way an assessor could pull the assistant on that one it was a split second marginal call

There is no way an assessor could pull the assistant on that one it was a split second marginal call
At that level, the assessor doesn't usually attend the game but receives a DVD and goes through it marking each decision and non-decision as correct or incorrect. If they cannot be sure if it was correct or incorrect after 3 viewings, they mark it as unsure. I feel that yesterday's decision will be marked as incorrect.

Linesman/assessor is by the by - easy one to miss at full speed - but what's Shearer's excuse when he's looking right at a freeze frame of it and stating with such conviction, "He's not offside"?

20t5ao6.jpg

The guy is ignorant of the laws of the game. His ignorant comments should surprise nobody :)

Harsh but fair I suppose , they are at the very top level of the game and I presume are rather well paid for their afternoons work .

The guy is ignorant of the laws of the game. His ignorant comments should surprise nobody :)
Slight deviation on topic ....Charlie Adam on Sky today openly admitted that he didn't realise when Corzolla kicked the ball twice on his penalty that it should be a IFK to West Brom :eek:

Best to be honest I suppose:)

While I'm pleased for Vardy to equal and hopefully break such a record, and he is of course English, is it just me or would it be no surprise to see a face like his on Crimewatch?

Has a snarling face like a pit bull trying to get in through the kitchen door!

While I'm pleased for Vardy to equal and hopefully break such a record, and he is of course English, is it just me or would it be no surprise to see a face like his on Crimewatch?

Has a snarling face like a pit bull trying to get in through the kitchen door!
LOL :D:D stick Harry Kane up top with him !! they wouldn't get through customs :D:D

Linesman/assessor is by the by - easy one to miss at full speed - but what's Shearer's excuse when he's looking right at a freeze frame of it and stating with such conviction, "He's not offside"?
Cheers Frank. I didn't have time to find the graphic on iPlayer :)

Any chance we could stick to the fascinating subject of whether or not someone's offside? There are probably other places we could go if we wanted to make fun of a person's face.

Back