A&H

Joseph Barton!

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
18118431_10154341824771143_3356119954858628901_n.jpg

Well done FA, its about time you showed some boll0cks...... Its a shame that the SFA have lost theres!!

Harsh or he got the right ban???

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Harsh.

Miss a drugs test? 8 months.

Fail a drugs test? 7 months.

Deliberately injure someone? 3 matches (Roy Keane etc)

Previous indiscretions asides it is grossly disproportionate

He's got off incredibly lightly - had it not been for them taking his addiction into account he'd have probably been looking at several years.

Though I have lived in the UK for 10 years I'm originally from Canada - we have no betting in any way affiliated with professional sport in Canada all this betting sponsorship and the somewhat relaxed approach to players betting is still hard for me to understand....just a bit of context for my next comment...he should of been banned for life from all leagues/associations and suspended immediately pending investigation. Things like this can destroy the games credibilty - can we just say out loud (!) he had money on the outcome of games he was involved in!!

Though I have lived in the UK for 10 years I'm originally from Canada - we have no betting in any way affiliated with professional sport in Canada all this betting sponsorship and the somewhat relaxed approach to players betting is still hard for me to understand....just a bit of context for my next comment...he should of been banned for life from all leagues/associations and suspended immediately pending investigation. Things like this can destroy the games credibilty - can we just say out loud (!) he had money on the outcome of games he was involved in!!
How can someone be banned for life pending investigation, bit harsh that, all offences should have a chance of recompense and reconciliation IMO.

Sorry not clear. Point is - if guilty = banned for life. If suspected = suspended immediately pending outcome. I find it unbelievable he was still allowed to play the last few months when we knew this was most likely coming.

Back