A&H

Level 7-6 Observation

JoeyR1708

Hi,

I've got a couple of Match Day Coaching Observations coming up as part of my promotion to Level 6.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips/useful advice on anything whether game related or about the observation itself in order to help settle the nerves?

I know I'm going to need to work on positioning I think as I'm not 100% sure if it's right?

The Referee Store
Remember, you’re not being observed or assessed, but coached.

In the resources section of this site you can see what the blank 7-6 Match Day Coach Report looks like, and that will give you an idea of the sort of things an MDC might look for.

If you’re aware positioning is something you’ll fall a bit short on, don’t worry, it might be worth discussing with your MDC before KO, if you have time, and worth seeking advice over in the de brief.

Ultimately keep doing what you are at the moment, and it will go well :)

Remember, you’re not being observed or assessed, but coached.

In the resources section of this site you can see what the blank 7-6 Match Day Coach Report looks like, and that will give you an idea of the sort of things an MDC might look for.

If you’re aware positioning is something you’ll fall a bit short on, don’t worry, it might be worth discussing with your MDC before KO, if you have time, and worth seeking advice over in the de brief.

Ultimately keep doing what you are at the moment, and it will go well :)
Thank you! Really appreciate the reply and the help!!
Is the MDC a pass or fail thing so if I have development areas will it prevent me from getting promoted?

Hi,

I've got a couple of Match Day Coaching Observations coming up as part of my promotion to Level 6.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips/useful advice on anything whether game related or about the observation itself in order to help settle the nerves?

I know I'm going to need to work on positioning I think as I'm not 100% sure if it's right?

Do all the mandatory checks. So proper kit checks with both teams, check the pitch and nets etc. Make sure you go over to the halfway line to check kit when subs are made. Ensure players who've had the trainer on when injured leave the FOP (unless the opposition player who injured them is booked of course). Just do all the mandatory things like those and referee the game as you normally would. That way you'll get the coaching that'd applicable to the way you referee.

Enjoy. They are there to help you not catch you out.

Thank you! Really appreciate the reply and the help!!
Is the MDC a pass or fail thing so if I have development areas will it prevent me from getting promoted?
I don’t believe so.

My RDO mentioned that they more look at the areas that commonly score as ‘Room for Improvement’, to target development on.

There may be a chance that if you get scored on Room for Improvement on every single category (nigh on impossible), they may give you another MDC, but I don’t believe there’s a passing or failing mark to it at all.

Best of luck and tell us how it goes :)

It's not a simple pass/fail situation at this level, more a chance to prove in your second coaching visit that you have taken notice of the development points from the first one and done something about them.

Back