A&H

Liverpool v Everton

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Just tuned in for the last 15 minutes.
In my opinion, never a penalty. Ref, rightly, goes to VAR and spends all of 2 seconds at the screen and gives it still. He fell over uncontested.
Awful decision.

The Referee Store
It thought it was a pen live.
It absolutely wasn't.
Press are gonna slate him for the 2 second review

Last edited:
Could've been reviewing for a red card? It wasn't a penalty but since it was given I'm surprised it wasn't a red card.
That was my initial thinking as like the post above yours initially I thought it was. But the replays clearly show it wasn't. So how did he say it was so quickly. He barely reviewed it. If he agreed it wasn't a red, then he must have seen it wasn't a foul.

Radio were convinced it was a penalty. I also thought the review was to check a possible red card for DOGSO.

Penalty red card for me. Again, dismal VAR. What was the point of going to the screen? Why? Was VAR saying it might not be a pen, or was it a red card review?

TAA sticks his head up to bring down a player about to tap the ball into an empty net. It's an easy penalty red card.

Penalty red card for me. Again, dismal VAR. What was the point of going to the screen? Why? Was VAR saying it might not be a pen, or was it a red card review?

TAA sticks his head up to bring down a player about to tap the ball into an empty net. It's an easy penalty red card.
And flicks out his leg to bring him down.

This game though - amazed Mane got a dissent card. But the time wasting - Pickford just held the ball 19 seconds, as well as the usual stopping free kicks being taken. AFAIK no warnings given throughout the game - and it's gone on since minute 3.

I think the premier league does have a problem with time wasting - of course it affects us at grassroots because we have to be stricter, especially with blocking free kicks, as that can easily start handbags.

I was confused at first, but it is the secondary action by Alexander-Arnold that has been penalised. I initially thought it was for Calvert-Lewin clattering into the back to his head, but if you keep watching TAA's leg then comes up and sweeps around, and and he trips Calvert-Lewin.

I can only assume that Kavanagh had that discussion with VAR and explained what he had seen, then once he saw it once on the screen he didn't need to look any more. This is really where hearing what is being said would help though.

TAA is my hero. It’s terrible defending, sliding in miles from the ball, and as CL comes over him, the head lift initiates contact and makes it an easy decision IMHO.

However, also, TAA’s ridiculous slide is probably enough to be a foul if it ends up in contact with a player (ifs).

No appeal from TAA also tells a story.

I don’t get how no red. The ref even reaches around to check his back pocket. What is VAR saying?

Pen no red is a mistake in law here,
No pen is also justifiable ITOTR ;)

It’s a clear penalty. He’s slid in and made contact with the player to bring him down. What else do we need?

Back