A&H

Looking to buy new pair of boots, recommendations?

Kref

I was looking at the Addidas copa munidal but they are a bit expensive as well as the kaiser 5s. Best value for money boots guys/gals?

The Referee Store
They are pricey but comfiest boots for playing and reffing for me! Look at Nike Premier. They’re a bit cheaper. Depends what type you want. They’re leather ones

I’m now in the market for some new boots too as my trusty kaiser 5’s have just split after just shy of 10 years. Sports direct will be getting an order from me soon for some more kaisers

I just spend about 35 quid on the cheap Nike/Adidas pairs in sports direct. Usually do for a couple of years until they split but if kept clean and polished and waterproofed would last a bit longer. I'm just lzy and up leaving in the soaking in my boot bag which impacts the leather.

Yeah I'm not sure whether I want to spend the amount of money as I'm sometimes quite lazy. Or just buy another cheap pair again.

Copa Mundial - Mods may as well close this thread now cos that's the no.1 boot
I've got Diadora soft ground boots for the rare occasions we're get to play in the rain

Last edited:
I was looking at the Addidas copa munidal but they are a bit expensive as well as the kaiser 5s. Best value for money boots guys/gals?
Buy carefully is my advice. I for example, can’t wear the Adidas boots so beloved of many on here. They’re too narrow for a start, and don’t have sufficient support under the heel for me either. I find them very stiff and have too thin a sole.

I need a wider fitting boot so used to use Tiempos. However the lack of heel support means I can’t use them any more. They used to be brilliant, but the design changed and so did their suitability.

Instead I now wear ASICS boots. They’re a bit harder to find in the UK but strangely appear more often in Rugby stores that football counterparts.

Interesting @Tealeaf . I have very wide feet and struggle with normal trainers. Will look out for ASICS and maybe try Tiempos.
I used to wear not-expensive Copa boots (£60) but just got sick of the discomfort. Went for Copa Mundials, and yes, they cost a lot more, but they are just very comfortable. I see it as an investment in the care of your feet.
I did go back to the cheaper boots recently for 2 games as Mundials were left wet in a bag, and they rips my heals and my toes were bleeding by the end.

Reactions: Kes
I default to Tiempos as well - they're relatively cheap and will do 2-3 years of moderate use with no real issues for me.

I bought Kaiser 5 for the first time and they are so comfortable.

Pricey at £90 from a local sports shop though and that included a 10% discount because I bought my previous season's boots there.

Just to add my previous boots were Pumas, they 'only' lasted a season, but I did do 64 games, so pretty good really.

Buy carefully is my advice. I for example, can’t wear the Adidas boots so beloved of many on here. They’re too narrow for a start, and don’t have sufficient support under the heel for me either. I find them very stiff and have too thin a sole.

I need a wider fitting boot so used to use Tiempos. However the lack of heel support means I can’t use them any more. They used to be brilliant, but the design changed and so did their suitability.

Instead I now wear ASICS boots. They’re a bit harder to find in the UK but strangely appear more often in Rugby stores that football counterparts.
I have bloody wide feet and found Mundials fit me perfectly, Kaisers seemed to be not so wide.
I'd love some Asics but have never found a shop that stocks them locally.

I'd always opted for Nike or Puma simply because I have fairly wide feet and Adidas tend to be quite narrow-fitting.

This season, I tried on a pair of Copa Mundials out of curiosity and whaddya know? They're a great fit and are without doubt the most comfortable football boots I've ever worn. They're not the cheapest around for sure but they're widely (no pun intended) regarded as the best by many fellow referees and now I know why. :)

I'd always opted for Nike or Puma simply because I have fairly wide feet and Adidas tend to be quite narrow-fitting.

This season, I tried on a pair of Copa Mundials out of curiosity and whaddya know? They're a great fit and are without doubt the most comfortable football boots I've ever worn. They're not the cheapest around for sure but they're widely (no pun intended) regarded as the best by many fellow referees and now I know why. :)
Strange, I've always found Nike narrower than Adidas!

I'm going to have to venture outside of my comfort zone as Puma have decided to mess around with the Kings and I don't like the *******ised new version. Have happily made do with a cheap pair of Adidas astros so far this season, but tonight is on a 3G pitch and the club are very particular about people having the correct footwear, so I'll have to bite the bullet and splash out on a new pair of moulds.

Strange, I've always found Nike narrower than Adidas!

I'm going to have to venture outside of my comfort zone as Puma have decided to mess around with the Kings and I don't like the *******ised new version. Have happily made do with a cheap pair of Adidas astros so far this season, but tonight is on a 3G pitch and the club are very particular about people having the correct footwear, so I'll have to bite the bullet and splash out on a new pair of moulds.
Go for the Mundials mate - you won't regret it ... ;) ;)

Back