A&H

Mar v Por

The Referee Store
disappointed to not see a card for the protests at half time
while I would often agree, from what I saw he handled it well. Very calm and just making it no big deal. By managing and not carding there, he hasn’t boxed him into the “do I give a 2CT” dilemma that Lahouz had yesterday. He wasn’t going to gain anything from giving a caution there other than aggravating Portugal.

He handled the first half well—but it was pretty easy compared to what we saw yesterday. But I don’t think the second half will be anything close to as easy, at least not unless Portugal get a couple of quick goals.

while I would often agree, from what I saw he handled it well. Very calm and just making it no big deal. By managing and not carding there, he hasn’t boxed him into the “do I give a 2CT” dilemma that Lahouz had yesterday. He wasn’t going to gain anything from giving a caution there other than aggravating Portugal.

You're right of course but he's got half the team in his face protesting without sanction

Hardly a new take, but my word pepe is a piece of work

Goes down under minimal contact looking for a pen then laughs at the ref penalising him for a clear foul

Yep .... Collina edict? or...? confused of Devon

Yep .... Collina edict? or...? confused of Devon

Thanks. Looked up and saw the caution graphic, then suddenly a red. Certainly wasn’t enough in the foul for SFP.

And I suspect yesterdays event have seen an edict issue along the lines of “we can’t have a repeat”.

Glad of the result, not least because of the histrionics, tantrums and outright cheating by several Portuguese players, a certain Bruno Fernandes a major culprit

Wow! Didn't see that coming.

After last night, Cheddira probably thought there was no way he would be getting 2 yellows, especially in the space of a couple of minutes.

Suspect yesterdays event have seen an edict issue along the lines of “we can’t have a repeat”.
I don’t think there was an edict. I think a lot of what we saw yesterday wasn’t a specific edict, either, but an understanding of what is expected by the powers that be. And our R today learned from yesterday that one can’t go too far down that road. Studs onto the top of the foot isn’t a hard yellow to give, especially with only a few minutes remaining in stoppage. (But how was there not added time for the RC and “injury“ delay during added time?)

You're right of course but he's got half the team in his face protesting without sanction
Led by Fernandes, who had blatantly dived to try and buy a penalty just before half time. He'd gone into the game carrying a caution, so shoving one up his nose there and then would have had some poetic justice.

Reactions: es1
That will put an end to the CR V LM final FIFA so desperately want conspiracy theory

FIFA changed its plans after CR got 15 game time in his last game and didn't start this game 🥴

Back