A&H

Michael Oliver movement

The Referee Store
I accept my view is based on perception and personal bias knowing that I am comfortably under 18% in my natural state. I have been a Step 1 AR in the past and whilst the accuracy may be high, it's a level that deserves a professional appearance. There is one in particular who consistently finishes in the top 5 but will never get to the EFL due to his BF.
People are built differently and can still be fit. I was running 5k under 22 minutes consistently with a BF over 20%. I look slim. BF% is a horrible measure of fitness and general health.

If a few mugs in studios and on social media are going to mock a step 1 official for having a little gut, despite moving really well, then sod them and PGMOL should say as much. They’re referees, not body builders.

People are built differently and can still be fit. I was running 5k under 22 minutes consistently with a BF over 20%. I look slim. BF% is a horrible measure of fitness and general health.

If a few mugs in studios and on social media are going to mock a step 1 official for having a little gut, despite moving really well, then sod them and PGMOL should say as much. They’re referees, not body builders.
My best in 5k is awful. It took me well over half an hour, although admittedly I probably shouldn't have been running it on a sprained ankle.

My best in 5k is awful. It took me well over half an hour, although admittedly I probably shouldn't have been running it on a sprained ankle.
I’d never hit 22 now, tendon injury in my ankle flares if I run at a consistent speed. Weirdly reffing is fine, I think the change in speeds plus the time stood still (however short) helps it

I’d never hit 22 now, tendon injury in my ankle flares if I run at a consistent speed. Weirdly reffing is fine, I think the change in speeds plus the time stood still (however short) helps it
Yes I find I can ref completely fine, never behind with fitness/speed etc. Just long distances kill that ankle.

Do you mean BMI? What is the measure?
They measure body fat % as opposed to BMI at those levels. No idea how they do it though

It is body fat %.

One way, and the way I had I done was it measured using calipers that pinch 3 or 4 different areas of the body and the area is then measured. They then chuck it into a formula of some kind and it throws out the BF%. There are other ways to get indicative view, my scales at home can give an indication of BF% and that was within 1.5% of the calipers so accurate enough for what I need.

a good friend of mine worked so hard to pass the body fat test that he failed the running part, really impacted his mental health and has taken the first half of this season off to recover as a result.

just shows what sort of impact these tests can have on people who are 'borderline' but in reality are plenty fit and thin enough.

i believe body fat tests are being done away with soon which (not that it will ever impact me) is definitely a good thing

Back