A&H

Mid season promotion

The Referee Store
End of season emails came in pretty close succession those waiting to go to 5>4.

Any Forum members have any good news to share???

End of season emails came in pretty close succession those waiting to go to 5>4.

Any Forum members have any good news to share???
Evidently I am late. Level 4 emails out too, according to twitter.

Hi Guys,

If I was to be promoted in October 2023 as a Level 5, would it be possible to apply for 5-4 promotion the same season?

Thanks for your help

Hi Guys,

If I was to be promoted in October 2023 as a Level 5, would it be possible to apply for 5-4 promotion the same season?

Thanks for your help
Doubtful. You will have to pass the fitness test before you are accepted and most CFA's organise the fitness tests in the close season. The standard FA guidance appears to be that you have a level 5 status at the end of the previous season.

Any level 5 referee wishing to progress to Level 4 must ensure they can achieve the following criteria:

- Be a Level 5 referee by April of the season attempting the promotion.
- Have received 4 observations via the County FA during the period 1st August to 30th April
- Achieved an average observation mark of 70
- Referee a minimum of 15 open age matches
- Complete a minimum of 10 Assistant Referee appointments
- Successfully complete a fitness test during the period 1st June to 31st December. The fitness test will consist of the following:
- 17/22 interval run
- 2 x 50 meter sprints in under 7.5 seconds
- Attend a Level 5-4 online Promotion Seminar hosted by The FA and pass a Laws of the Game Examination

Assuming that you can apply, it is 15 qualifying matches as referee (including the observations) and the mandatory 10 matches as assistant. these will probably be needed on a Step 7 league or FA County Cup matches. So, I honestly think you will struggle.

Here is the link to the North Riding Guidance
https://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/n...ay-july-2022/2022-23-rpp-level-5-4.ashx?la=en

I was under that impression too.

I also wasn't aware that if I apply for 6/5 February/March time, and don't complete the amount of games that season, it rolls over onto the next so you don't effectively have to start again in the new season.

I've been told if I can complete my 6/5 jump by Mid-October, I will have an opportunity to go 5/4 from then.

I wasn't so sure, that's why I thought I'd ask for a second opinion.

Back