A&H

morning all

richard ramjane

RefChat Addict
I decided during the summer this year to go ''poacher turned gamekeeper'' as they say ... I've seen some posts in here with people thinking they are making a late start, but I'm now 46 and wish I'd done it earlier, I guess like a lot of things in life !
I'm still playing vets football and ref in essex, having recently been approved as level 7
I'm probably not alone in this but I now, amusingly for my friends, find myself watching football on tv in a VERY different light :)

The Referee Store
welcome to the site!!!

I too watch football in a different light!! ... except on a Saturday afternoon over Upton Park! then its no holds barred!

I also get asked my opinion on a lot of things by my friends! as if im the burning bush lol

haha! I thought cutting my hair shorter would have quietened down the questions!!

Welcome to the forum mate. Surprising how many "rules" there are to football that you had no idea about before you do te course. Our that there aren't actually any rules, they are laws :D

Welcome to the forum mate. Surprising how many "rules" there are to football that you had no idea about before you do te course. Our that there aren't actually any rules, they are laws :D
thanks , and oh, very much so, having played for 25 years (and still doing so) I was completely shocked at stuff I thought I "knew".
ive now recommended that my two sons (aged 14) do the course to not only fill a gap in ref availability for youth leagues in our area, but also to become better players themselves

Hi there.
I played for 20 years without ever knowing or caring about the Laws. If only I had leant just a few how different a player I might have been.

I often tell teams post match that I am happy to attend one of their training sessions to expel some of the myths so they waste less time and energy contesting decisions. Never get taken up on it. They must be rich enough to keep paying the fines.

Back