A&H

New ref question

Joel Laci

Hi all, hopefully someone can assist with a query.
My son is currently looking for a referee course so that he can referee for our local team. Does it matter which FA you do the course with? Would it mean you can only referee within that county? Struggling to find a referee course with our local FA so wasn’t sure if he could do a course with a neighbouring county. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

The Referee Store
My son is currently looking for a referee course so that he can referee for our local team. Does it matter which FA you do the course with? Would it mean you can only referee within that county? Struggling to find a referee course with our local FA so wasn’t sure if he could do a course with a neighbouring county. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
I did my course in a different county, doesn’t matter where you do the course you’ll get registered to the county which your address falls in. Can still referee outside of county too, I am affiliated with Notts, did my course in lincs and ref in Sheffield and hallamshire and lincs leagues.

Whilst he can take the course in any county, and afterwards complete 5 initial qualifying games in your own county or elsewhere, most County FA's will fill courses with local applicants if at all possible as they then get the benefit of >24 new local referees.
CFA's will also suggest that your son shouldn't be aiming to referee for one club, as this leads to issues about favouritism etc.
Some CFA' s run courses for club officials to learn the basics of the Laws of the Game, so they can become club referees for when the competition cannot supply a referee.
If you haven't already done so, a word or e-mail to the Referee Development Officer would be useful.

Whilst he can take the course in any county, and afterwards complete 5 initial qualifying games in your own county or elsewhere, most County FA's will fill courses with local applicants if at all possible as they then get the benefit of >24 new local referees.
CFA's will also suggest that your son shouldn't be aiming to referee for one club, as this leads to issues about favouritism etc.
Some CFA' s run courses for club officials to learn the basics of the Laws of the Game, so they can become club referees for when the competition cannot supply a referee.
If you haven't already done so, a word or e-mail to the Referee Development Officer would be useful.
Thanks 👍

Back