A&H

Nike Referee Kit 2017

The Referee Store
Is it a different colour per CFA? I ref in at least three.

Yes, and that is why this proposal is flawed. You'll have teams of three working on a game with each official having come from neighbouring counties. So one might have yellow, one green and the other purple.

If only one alternative colour is allowed the FA should have stipulated what that is so that it would be the same across all counties. Although that still has problems - for example if they chose yellow I can't see the countless teams, or large percentage of keepers, who wear yellow being best pleased.

If teams are still not allowed to wear black then I suppose the referees will just wear black. The FA could stipulate a colour that very few teams currently wear - purple springs to mind.

The real trouble will occur when they start letting teams wear black.

local leagues will be overruled by CFA's surely?

I read the release from the FA to mean that they would let CFAs decide, and if they go for it then the leagues would have the choice.

I know that next season (if kent go for coloured shirts) ill need one for county cup appointments at least.

The local womens league covers kent, sussex and london (at least) and the ryman development league covers a few more on top of that.

Thing would have been much easier if the FA just made a command decision that from next year referees would be allowed to wear black or yellow shirts.

100% it would be ... I know Essex are reviewing the least popular colour with teams in Essex and then choosing that colour

I imagine that if CFAs givve people the option to vote for a colour youll only be able to choose from colours provided by Nike.

If CFAs choose the colour then theyll only choose a colour made by Nike.

We certainly dont have to wear Nike at grass roots, not sure at what level it becomes compulsory, conference national maybe.

I received an email about it from my RDO with a nice picture of the different coloured Nike Shirts.So I think Suffolk are saying make sure you get a nike one, but in reality I think when the colour is decided people will be able to choose their own brand down at my level, although it is only one match fee and if chosen for a county cup final I would buy an official one as it does look great when the whole team are in exactly the same kit.

I received an email about it from my RDO with a nice picture of the different coloured Nike Shirts.So I think Suffolk are saying make sure you get a nike one, but in reality I think when the colour is decided people will be able to choose their own brand down at my level, although it is only one match fee and if chosen for a county cup final I would buy an official one as it does look great when the whole team are in exactly the same kit.

The colour chosen by your CFA could dictate the brand of shirt you can buy.

For example, most if not all suppliers of referee kits will have some form of yellow shirt. But if your CFA chose purple then you'd be pretty limited in terms of shirts you could wear.

Well purple isn't pink but its close. I will probably invest in one but will have to look into the appropiate base layer colour if it is short sleeved. And another question what colour will the socks and shorts be, are they black or the colour chosen?

Back