A&H

No operation

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
IMG_2508.JPG
Just got back from the hospital and the Consultant Surgeon has opted not to operate on my left knee. :flip: Says he may make it worse if he digs around in there. Seems I have very little space behind my Patella in an area called the Popliteal Fossa (knee pit), he thinks with some physio and maybe some gym work my outcome will be better. Every adult of a certain age will have degenerative structures in their bodies and it seems my attempt at skiing the wasn't best practice for a bloke of my advancing years :smoke:... So its time to hit the exercise bike, get some physio and bulk up my knee muscles and hopefully get some games under my belt sometimes in the new year.
There should be a W shaped noticible gap behind the Patella where the arrow is pointing. The section is looking up from my toes so it's in reverse.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Sounds counter productive when first suggested but exercises to strengthen muscles around the knee really is best thing you can do.

Helped me when I tore/stretched my meniscus a few years back.

Loads of them under "knee exercises" on Google.

I thought for a second that youd lost your favourite board game! :p

on a serious, that's great news - operations rarely end with full use as it was before, especially on things such as knees/ankles/hips - fingers crossed in the new year you'll be out covering games as before! :D:D

Back