A&H

opinions needed

The Referee Store
That is very sneaky.

In realtime yes I think we could argue free kick careless. Or even goal kick as position of goal kick might be more beneficial.

However, my opinion viewing this clip is there is secondary movement to plant the studs in the back of the opponent. And Therefore, on review, I'd say this is violent conduct and a red card.

Or even goal kick as position of goal kick might be more beneficial.
I think that's what the AR signalled and he was closest official to it although I doubt he saw the studs in the back.
Happened very quick and we don't have slo mo and reverse slo mo on the FOP so, stick with goal kick and move on. Only saw one dissenting voice from a defender and Green #8 didn't appear to fussed by it once he saw the AR signal and accepted the apology from Black #7.
Didn't see where the Ref was in either clip but wouldn't have expected him to be too close with the ball in that area of the pitch as it would most likely be coming back into the penalty area.

There's a definite second motion there, so should have been red for VC. That said, it would be very difficult to tell real time, especially if you didn't have a good angle.

Back