A&H

pens/pencils

The Referee Store
the lead breaks or it needs sharpened

Only breaks if you press too hard. ;)
It won't need sharpening since I check all that stuff pre-match. ;)

I only take out one whistle as well, as well as only one notebook and one coin. The only thing I ever have two of is a watch. :)

Works for me. :cool:

Only breaks if you press too hard. ;)
It won't need sharpening since I check all that stuff pre-match. ;)

I only take out one whistle as well, as well as only one notebook and one coin. The only thing I ever have two of is a watch. :)

Works for me. :cool:
aye, i learned the watch thing the hard way.... went out with just the one and it kept resetting back to 45 minutes left to play !
so i had to nick one from my AR ... i must remember that its technology, and as such, it can and WILL go wrong

Pencil plus small plastic pencil sharpener in pocket.

(Awaits "but what if the pencil breaks and sharpener fails" comments ....)

Give us some credit.

What if the pencil breaks and you lose the sharpener??

Edit by mod: "ho Ho Ho!" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SM
Pencil plus small plastic pencil sharpener in pocket.

(Awaits "but what if the pencil breaks and sharpener fails" comments ....)

Then you simply employ the use of the spare plastic pencil sharpener which you've secreted away inside your spare boots and spare referee kit which you leave by the side of the pitch "in case". You could buy one of those really large ones and make sure it's yellow so that you could use it as an impromptu spare yellow card in case your existing one breaks as well. :)

I used to take out loads. I had 3 sets of cards, and had a pencil with each set (actually, 4 pencils cos my straight red was separate from my yellow). Additionally, I had 2 'full size' pens (1 biro, 1 sharpie) clipped onto my shirt pocket and then 2 'half pens' (1 biro, 1 sharpie) clipped onto right hand shorts pocket, plus one clipped onto back pocket (where red card lived). Safe to say, I never had an issue when it came to writing utensils...!

Oh, and as for the other stuff - 3 coins normally (1 in each 'sleeve' of book, plus one under my watch); 1 notebook, but write on yellow & red with full team sheet written on yellow (this was my double yellow), as well as RefsWorld match-pad sticker things on my yellow, and tape on my red to write on (thanks @Ross); 2 watches (1 used with 2 different clocks); 2 whistles on same lanyard, plus an extra normally in pocket.

Ha, wow. I actually forgot how weird I was!!!

Reactions: SM
I used to take out loads. I had 3 sets of cards, and had a pencil with each set (actually, 4 pencils cos my straight red was separate from my yellow). Additionally, I had 2 'full size' pens (1 biro, 1 sharpie) clipped onto my shirt pocket and then 2 'half pens' (1 biro, 1 sharpie) clipped onto right hand shorts pocket, plus one clipped onto back pocket (where red card lived). Safe to say, I never had an issue when it came to writing utensils...!

Oh, and as for the other stuff - 3 coins normally (1 in each 'sleeve' of book, plus one under my watch); 1 notebook, but write on yellow & red with full team sheet written on yellow (this was my double yellow), as well as RefsWorld match-pad sticker things on my yellow, and tape on my red to write on (thanks @Ross); 2 watches (1 used with 2 different clocks); 2 whistles on same lanyard, plus an extra normally in pocket.

i'd need a wheelbarrow for all that lot ! :D

love it dan it must have taken you about 10 minutes just to fill your pockets prematch lol

When I use disposable match cards, I go with a pencil in my right shorts pocket with the match cards, and 2 spares in my top left pocket. When I get to use my cards/skins, I put a powertank pen in my top left pocket with the yellow and another in my back left pocket with the red. Haven't yet worked out the best system for noting goals, apart from a chunky-ish notebook in my pocket with a pencil.

When I use disposable match cards, I go with a pencil in my right shorts pocket with the match cards, and 2 spares in my top left pocket. When I get to use my cards/skins, I put a powertank pen in my top left pocket with the yellow and another in my back left pocket with the red. Haven't yet worked out the best system for noting goals, apart from a chunky-ish notebook in my pocket with a pencil.
what type of disposable cards do you use

what type of disposable cards do you use
These: http://www.referee-equipment.co.uk/...d-with-50-Sheets-7-subs-Backside-MC-COLOUR507 They'd be really good, if not for the fact that they're quite finely lined and my handwriting is both large and messy.

I've only had the reusable skins for a very short time, but I use them whenever I'm given team sheets, as I can just write the shirt number on when issuing the caution and it doesn't matter too much if any name/initials I take are particularly legible. But when I HAVE to take names, I need the different layout the cards give me.

love it dan it must have taken you about 10 minutes just to fill your pockets prematch lol
I had two 'box of tricks' in my bag. One of them, the black one, had to be empty at kick-off as it contained everything I took onto the field. The blue one had multiple spares of everything!! I was very, very particular about my gear and ensured I never missed anything!
3 pairs of footwear were a minimum to every game, regardless of conditions or surface. Oh, and as for kit.....! Only the 5 shirts, 5 shorts, 8 pairs of socks, 4 pairs of undersocks, multiple undershirts & undershorts as well as post-match tights...!
And people wonder why I'm relieved I gave up!!!

I had two 'box of tricks' in my bag. One of them, the black one, had to be empty at kick-off as it contained everything I took onto the field. The blue one had multiple spares of everything!! I was very, very particular about my gear and ensured I never missed anything!
3 pairs of footwear were a minimum to every game, regardless of conditions or surface. Oh, and as for kit.....! Only the 5 shirts, 5 shorts, 8 pairs of socks, 4 pairs of undersocks, multiple undershirts & undershorts as well as post-match tights...!
And people wonder why I'm relieved I gave up!!!

I'll bet you have a "sock drawer" at home. ;) :D

I'll bet you have a "sock drawer" at home. ;) :D
Of course I do, what sane person doesn't? It's also organised with 'white socks', 'black socks' and 'coloured socks', and categories therein, with 'ankle socks', 'normal socks' & 'long/football socks'

@DanCohen17 do you also have to turn the lights on and off 37 times before you leave a room? :p
Fortunately, no. Although, I do only eat chips in pairs, and the pair have to be of similar/same size

Man alive @DanCohen17 -you could probably do with a hug more than most! :)
An unloved child I am...!

Back