A&H

Personal Hearing for Misconduct

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Hi,

I have just received notification that a club have requested a personal hearing following abuse given to me after a match has finished.
I was part of a 3 man team, which hopefully means I have that added protection of my team being key witnesses.
What I want advice on is what to say/do at the hearing.
I have only ever attended 1 hearing and that was approximately 14 years ago where I sent a player off and the manager appealed. I remember the Subbuteo set up and had to use that to give an idea to the panel of what the layout of the pitch and location of the players on it etc. I thought I gave a good indication of events and that it would go my way, but was informed after the hearing that the player won his appeal - and they looked very smug about it in the car park too. To me it was a stone wall red card following a very late challenge as last man and no other defender near him, but he was out of the box towards the wing so that may have swung it his way.
I was given advice after it to basically say something on the lines of "the incident that occurred is in my report", and to add nothing else - in which they can't then dissect and twist otherwise. Should I stick with this advice?

Please help me.

The Referee Store
Hi,

I have just received notification that a club have requested a personal hearing following abuse given to me after a match has finished.
I was part of a 3 man team, which hopefully means I have that added protection of my team being key witnesses.
What I want advice on is what to say/do at the hearing.
I have only ever attended 1 hearing and that was approximately 14 years ago where I sent a player off and the manager appealed. I remember the Subbuteo set up and had to use that to give an idea to the panel of what the layout of the pitch and location of the players on it etc. I thought I gave a good indication of events and that it would go my way, but was informed after the hearing that the player won his appeal - and they looked very smug about it in the car park too. To me it was a stone wall red card following a very late challenge as last man and no other defender near him, but he was out of the box towards the wing so that may have swung it his way.
I was given advice after it to basically say something on the lines of "the incident that occurred is in my report", and to add nothing else - in which they can't then dissect and twist otherwise. Should I stick with this advice?

Please help me.

The advice you have been given is exactly right. Please refer to my report for every question asked. Otherwise not only will the player twist everything to suit his needs but your County FA may well be asking why was that not in your report. Stick to your guns. I have nothing to add other than what is written in my report.

As for the player looking smug in the car park, he or they should be kept behind while you leave and only then should they be allowed to leave.

Back