A&H

PGMOL in 3 years

The Referee Store
I'd like to know the reality of that level. I doubt it is anything above Step 6. Has he not simply gone from 7-5 in the same timeframe that many referees do?

I'd like to know the reality of that level. I doubt it is anything above Step 6. Has he not simply gone from 7-5 in the same timeframe that many referees do?
I’d guess the women’s professional game is above step 6 in pace and skill required to officiate

I'm so glad the FA do not have any agenda or bias in their choices.
I have since seen some accusations of friends in high places on twitter floating around.

Regardless I hope he does well, can be a tough knockback if it goes wrong that publicly.

I was somewhat under the impression that male referees couldn't really get into the women's professional game so much anymore

I’d guess the women’s professional game is above step 6 in pace and skill required to officiate
I agree, Step 5 maybe has equivalence, but definitely no higher than that.... aside for potentially much bigger crowds (the demands of which are a completely different consideration)

Anyway, whilst I'd back a good Step 5 team to beat a WSL team, it serves no purpose to get into that debate

Back