A&H

Player kissing marking opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingvino

Well, this isn't football, but why can't it happen in a football game?

What would your punishment be for this player?

I would go with red for OFFINABUS (gestures).

The Referee Store
Red Card for VC, Misconduct report for interaction with crowd afterwards.

For the initial kiss .... Yellow for adopting an amorous attitude :rolleyes:

Why a red for the kiss? Why a caution?

If the player who reacted didn't react would the referee of had a decision to make?

On a more serious note, I would give a yellow for a kiss like that regardless of the reaction (assuming I saw it). To me it's just another form of goading like pinching, pulling hair etc that has no place in football and is solely done to provoke a reaction from the other player. Almost the very definition of Unsporting Behaviour

Can't see any reason for a red card for a kiss on the cheek. Caution at most as it's just antagonising an opponent. If the other player has a laugh about it you could probably keep it fairly low key, but it was a successful windup.

Here's a question - what if the crotch grab was done with the pants on? Still offensive, or just antagonistic?

I'm with @CapnBloodbeard I couldn't sell a kiss as a red - caution at most. But if the game was good natured and player on the receiving end of said kiss took it as a joke then it would be a warning.
I had two players on opposing teams who knew each other and one kept grabbing the other ones bum at a corner (it was quite funny) - I caught him told him to keep it professional; i believe my words were "i cant go grabbing the arses of the mams on the side line at every throw in - so don't be grabbing his arse" and we had a laugh and he didn't do it again.

Kissing someone without their consent is sexual assault. Assault of any kind is a red card offence. I can't see how you could give anything else

I think it's a stretch to consider a peck on the cheek as sexual assault. Also, it's incorrect to say that assault of any kind is a red card offence - basically, any intentional physical contact could be considered assault, and it's not an automatic red.

Sending someone off for a cheeky peck on the cheek would be incredibly harsh. Now if the recipient fell to the floor, writhing in mock agony holding his face after the kiss... :D

On a more serious note, I would give a yellow for a kiss like that regardless of the reaction (assuming I saw it). To me it's just another form of goading like pinching, pulling hair etc that has no place in football and is solely done to provoke a reaction from the other player. Almost the very definition of Unsporting Behaviour

How about one like this?
BlsJsBuCIAA4vhb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back