A&H

Review Polar V800

Josh

Level 4 Referee
So now having used my Polar V800 for a couple of days and twice for training and on 1 AR appointment I thought it would be wise to share my thoughts.

Firstly the watch seems very comfortable and quite simple to use. The features are very useful and i have no doubt will aid in improving my fitness. The only 2 minor things (More inconveniences than anything else) i have noticed is that the GPS can take a few moments to locate you. Nothing major. The other is that i have to sync to my phone and laptop regularly to get the detailed info on my daily activity. I do however like the fact if i don't move for an hour (which usually is me regularly) it tells you to get off your backside and exercise.

Pros:
+ In-depth fitness info such as recovery times and VO2 Intake.
+ Simple and comfortable.
+ Tests such as the Orthostatic and Fitness Tests allow the watch to get a grasp on how to help you train effectively.
+ Accurate GPS from what I have seen so far. Would like to compare this to another watch or my phone.
+ Recovery time estimates when you'll be ready for another session and tells you if you are too strained.

Cons:
- Price tag can be high if you don't shop about.
- GPS can take a few moments to "catch up"
- Regular Sync to Mobile (Android or IOS only) or PC (or at least 1 per day) is required.

Personally I would recommend it based on the time i have had with it so far. Still going to keep messing about with it and see how it goes.

The Referee Store
Back