A&H

Pre Match Prep

freddier

Level 7 Referee
What tends to be your match day checklist of things that you make sure to do before kick off, just want to make sure I haven't missed anything. Also, what do you take with you on match day? I know some people have a long list including spares for spares and so on, however I'm only reffing youth football to begin with, so I am planning on taking less.

The Referee Store
What tends to be your match day checklist of things that you make sure to do before kick off, just want to make sure I haven't missed anything. Also, what do you take with you on match day? I know some people have a long list including spares for spares and so on, however I'm only reffing youth football to begin with, so I am planning on taking less.
Take the club official's number with you in case of delays, RTA, etc.
On arrival, introduce yourself to the home club official
Check which pitch you are on
Check dressing room, including security (will it be locked?)
Check f. o. p.
Find CAR's and brief them
Find match ball and check it
Check team colours, incl. goalkeepers
Check you have everything you need when you go out for the start
Final check on f. o. p. and nets/corner flags just before k. o.
Enjoy the game😁

Equipment
Boots/Astros (sometimes both)
Ankle socks
Calf compression sleeves
Referee socks
Undershorts
Shorts (x2 if heavy rain forecast)
Undershirt
Warm-up shirt
Referee shirt w/ necessary competition/county badge (x2 if heavy rain forecast)
Sweatband w/ zip pocket

Whistles x 2
Watches x 3
Cards x 2
Coin x 2
Book x 2
Pencil x 2
Pen x 2
Flags (+ spare battery)
Towel
Washbag
Water
Sweets

Pre-match
As per @ChasObserverRefDeveloper ^ (not forgetting a warm-up somewhere in there!)

Hi there, I ref youth football too!

In terms of what I bring is what has been mentioned above me but a few personal items are; spare socks (white socks etc) after the match and a change of footwear too, which gives the feet a breather from all the running!

Also, I suggest energy supplements (gels, tablets etc) just in case you aren't feeling 100% after the first half to give an extra push if needs be.

Hope this helps. :)

Back