A&H

Pre match stud and jewellery check for adults?

MumRef

Hello all
I've got my first men's match today. Do I check studs and jewellery with them before the match?
Thanks

The Referee Store
Try and be paying attention if they’re warming up next to you, and if they walk past you.

A quick ‘would you mind taking that off for us before KO please’, and a mental note of who you want to give a second look to usually does the trick.

I’m not a fan of the old line them up and check studs and jewellery, often gets you off to a bad start I find.

Best of luck!

Try and be paying attention if they’re warming up next to you, and if they walk past you.

A quick ‘would you mind taking that off for us before KO please’, and a mental note of who you want to give a second look to usually does the trick.

I’m not a fan of the old line them up and check studs and jewellery, often gets you off to a bad start I find.

Best of luck!
Thank you very much. Another quick question. With injuries, where the ball has been kicked out to allow for assessment, is the restart a dropped ball or indirect free kick to the team in possession or back to the goalie?

If the ball was kicked out, it's a throw in as usual (the team who kicked the ball out would usually except to get the ball back, but that's not a rule).

If you stop the play, drop ball is restart to the team that was in possession. However, you should only stop play for head injuries or if the injury is serious.

Thank you very much. Another quick question. With injuries, where the ball has been kicked out to allow for assessment, is the restart a dropped ball or indirect free kick to the team in possession or back to the goalie?
If a team have kicked the ball out and you haven’t blown the whistle then it should be a throw in. But the team who take the throw in usually throw it back to the opposition. (But that isn’t required, it’s just sportsmanship)

I do similar to @george.g for boot/jewellery. If there is an easy way to do it as a group I will, but I try not to be intrusive. Sometimes managers or captains get them to line up for me though I don't ask. If they are doing a drill running around a cone I might scan them as they go round.

I will tell them if I spot it during the game they will have to leave the pitch the remove it so the team will be a player down for the duration, and I'm not always that quick at getting them back on 😉

Law 4.1
The players must be inspected before the start of the match and substitutes before they enter the field of play.

Doesn't really matter how but you have to do it in some way other

If the ball is put out of play before play is stopped by the referee then the restart is the according to how the ball went out of play.

Back